PDA

View Full Version : My name is Daniel, and i am a wargamer... BBC Videonation

gonzosbignose
12-03-2008, 10:43
Dear all

Find below a link for the BBC (British Television Channel for you non Uk people)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/articles/2008/01/29/war_games_video_feature.shtml

They asked me to make a video short which is going to be put on Tv at some point in the next 6 months... all about wargaming...

Its silly, its short... and to be honest... its about me and my wargaming

hope you enjoy... id be please to hear some feedback

Danny Boy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/articles/2008/01/29/war_games_video_feature.shtml

Peegore
12-03-2008, 17:40
Short and sweet. I actually quite enjoyed it. Very succinct and to the point.

Well done that man. Is Brad Pitt gonna be in the sequel???:)

gonzosbignose
13-03-2008, 11:39
Thank you Peegore

I appreciate your comments... and would love to hear more from other people too...

As for Brad Pitt in the sequel... his schedule is pretty busy... but Mr Depp is trying to clear a few hours.

Regards

Daniel

OrlyggJafnakol
13-03-2008, 12:02
Nice to see some real passion about miniatures, something sadly lacking sometimes on Warseer...

Chiron
13-03-2008, 12:08
Nice to see some real passion about miniatures, something sadly lacking sometimes on Warseer...

Rules on the other hand... oh boy

walnuts666
13-03-2008, 21:22
Nice video. Well Done!!!

WargamesEmpire
13-03-2008, 22:11
Good video....I think you should have refrained from refering to your toy soldiers as "friends," though. Not gonna do us Wargamers many favours, that one!

Only kidding! Nice painting, by the way.

Ironbreaker
13-03-2008, 22:37
I enjoyed it! The last time I watched a video feature on a wargamer they looked exactly like you. Creepy.

Soulless Enigma
13-03-2008, 22:46
The vid doesn't work for me... damn :(.

chaos0xomega
13-03-2008, 22:51
I dunno, I think this guys a good choice to champion our hobby on national/international(BBC America, lets not forget...) television. He (nor his friend) is not in any way the stereotypical "nerd". They both look like decent human beings, like "normal" people if you will and not some crazed fat smelly unwashed emo-goth kid that'll never get a girl that so many people mistake us for.

cornixt
14-03-2008, 04:58
I love watching those short films about the odd bits and pieces of people's lives.
While you may not really dispel the myth about wargamers, I know a lot of people like you and we certainly don't need 'acceptance' from the normals. Some huge scenery you've got there!