PDA

View Full Version : A Good Army Choice with Limited Time Invested

GQFulls
12-03-2008, 17:31
I sold my Nurgle demon army about a year ago. Now I really want to start playing again. I am a person who prefers to have all my models painted before they hit the table. As much as I love Orcs & Gobbos...it would take me forever to paint up the army for play. My time is limited with 2 jobs and a son so...

I was wondering with Ogre Kingdoms, Deamons, Chaos, Mortals, heck even Orcs and Gobbos...

What is a strong usable Army that can be painted and prepared in reasonable time?

Amornar
12-03-2008, 17:34
Id say Tomb Kings, they are pretty simple and quick to paint, while not a bigger powerhouse army, there are some really good lists out there.

Nightsword
12-03-2008, 19:05
It depends on your technique and how you would paint them. There can be lots of skeletons in a tomb kings army and painting bone well isn't as easy as you'd think. Things are made easier with the foundation paints though. Ogres are pretty big and fairly easy to paint. Combined with having to have small units makes it easier too. I'd say Chaos probably. Great units, good models and you can pretty much paint them whatever you want, so you can develop your own style, making it as simple or as extreme as you'd like.

Aflo
12-03-2008, 19:18
Consider the army painting technique know as 'dipping'. If you're unaware of what it is, take a look at the big thread about it in the painting sub forum, I'm sure that will explain it better than me. For a brief description, you basically cover the main areas of your minis with a single solid layer and dunk the mini into the 'dip' which creates instant shading. Would work very well I imagine with O&G due to the large blocks of organic colours.

There are still other options if you'd like a painted O&G army or indeed an army of any other race. Ebay is your friend and there are often painted armies for varying quality that go for a range of prices or of course you could hire a commision painter - quite expensive admittedly but I guess it's a valid choice if you've got money to spare and games to play.

edit: Here's the link :)http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27857

antin3
13-03-2008, 01:05
I would say overall Ogre kingdoms would be it. the models are large easy to paint, very small units and an army full of 'em still doesn't add up to much. A word of warning though, I have never played them but I have read that the scrap launcher is a mother to put together.

Vercingetorix
13-03-2008, 06:05
Chaos and Lizardmen can both be run with a fair number of elite infantry, and while they might be a tad harder to use than some, can still be a fairly powerful force since they can have the survivability to match their hitting power.

NakedBarbarian
15-03-2008, 09:50
I've seen 2k chaos armies that have only four units.

Dux Ducis
15-03-2008, 10:16
Probably the upcoming Daemons - they have small, elite units with a focus on powerful characters.