PDA

View Full Version : Skeletons

Makaber
07-10-2005, 16:39
What's the most cost efficient way of equipping these gits? Bare-bones (thee hee)? Light armour? Spears? Light armour and spears?

leeoaks
07-10-2005, 17:45
shield and armour all the way!

g0ddy
07-10-2005, 18:10
Light Armour and shield :) spears are mostly a waste of time, unless combined with hellish vigor...

- g0ddy

Crazy Harborc
07-10-2005, 18:49
I mix and match the minies bits so I can use a unit for whatever the points paid/stats call for, game to game. When i need a really big unit, I'll even include skelies with bows to bulk out the body count.

The spears won't be "paid for" very often...........I like the looks of them better than the sword arms that come with the skelie minies.

Keller
07-10-2005, 19:35
I think versatility is the key to selecting your skeleton units. Now VC and TK are very different armies, so I will be speaking from the VC perspective.

I like to take one unit of 20-25 skellies with HW/Shield/LA. This unit is used as a defensive unit, thrown against most enemy units who I think I can beat in combat. A pretty standard unit type, with S/T 3 and a 4+ armor save.

I also like to take a unit of 20-25 skellies with just spears/shields, no armor. These guys get thrown against the toughest units, who could cleave through skeletons anyway. The spears give me a chance of getting some attacks back while I just take the casualties. You can also opt not to use the spears to have a 5+ save in combat, but I generally prefer to use them.

All in all though, I still prefer zombies. I can live with striking last, especially when its with a unit as fun as zombies. Nothing makes me happier in my VC army than having my zombies devour enemy units who wade into the ranks of the shambling corpses.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
07-10-2005, 22:01
i give them everything as it gives me the option. they're expensive but wen u have 6 plus zombies........