PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War units with the new books?

WalkerShado
12-03-2008, 20:30
Can Dogs of War be used in the new edition books? Exsample: the new Vampire counts.

The Dogs of war rules state that Vampires can take Dogs of War, but theres nothing in the Vampire book saying they can or can't.

Link to the DoW rules: http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/lists/

It looks like they can use DoW units, but can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

WLBjork
12-03-2008, 20:40
New Army Books no longer have any slots for DoW (or, as you have noted, any mention of DoW).

Instead, DOW can be taken as allowed by the DoW rules.

RoR have their own limitations as to who they will work for.

Griefbringer
13-03-2008, 00:16
The Dogs of war rules state that Vampires can take Dogs of War

I think you have managed to answer your own question.

highelfmage
13-03-2008, 00:38
they will not be allowed in gts if you are planing on entering

theunwantedbeing
13-03-2008, 00:44
The various books dont say you can take ogres...but you can.
The dogs of war book(.pdf in most cases!) works in the same way, you can take them in armies that are said to be allowed to take them.

kris_kapsner
13-03-2008, 02:22
they will not be allowed in gts if you are planing on entering

Just another reason for me to stay away. Not that I need to play DoW units. However, if GW prints it, it should be allowed. The whole, "you can take army and that army, but not these other rules we printed..." is pretty lame in my opinion.

I'll play the game where people are allowed to actually use what is printed.

A little pet peeve of mine. :rolleyes:

theunwantedbeing
13-03-2008, 02:28
Sure you do kris_kapsner.....sure you do

Some tournaments wont allow certain lists, some dont allow special character's for example. Some dont allow SAD armies or tzeentch flying circusses or Stank armies etc.
Generally they are for ultrra competetive play and not something the average gamer and his mates are going to be playing like for the most part.

soots
13-03-2008, 04:25
We made it a house rule that you may NEVER EVER use allies in your army.

This was brought into effect in 5th edition where we saw Undead armies with 5 Dark elf repeater Bolt thrower crews.

The armies are never balanced for DoW and its one of those armies that scream "make GW money"

TheDarkDaff
13-03-2008, 05:28
We made it a house rule that you may NEVER EVER use allies in your army.

This was brought into effect in 5th edition where we saw Undead armies with 5 Dark elf repeater Bolt thrower crews.

The armies are never balanced for DoW and its one of those armies that scream "make GW money"

I always found the Khornate Chaos Horde with Dark Elf RXbows and Reapers the more abusive.

Just out of curiousity would you allow a Dark Elf Army to take Mengil's Manflayers or other such units "within their own race"? Asarnil in High Elves is another one as are Long Drong's Slayer Pirates in a Dwarf force.

EvC
13-03-2008, 11:52
The Dogs of war rules state that Vampires can take Dogs of War, but theres nothing in the Vampire book saying they can or can't.

This is the part where you apply your own logic to the situation. If it says they can, then they can. Failing that, you can use the search option, as this has been discussed about a zillion times already...

xragg
13-03-2008, 12:34
Just another reason for me to stay away. Not that I need to play DoW units. However, if GW prints it, it should be allowed. The whole, "you can take army and that army, but not these other rules we printed..." is pretty lame in my opinion.

I'll play the game where people are allowed to actually use what is printed.

A little pet peeve of mine. :rolleyes:

I have also been told that GTs dont allow me a free wood placement for my wood elves, but I still plan on going this year for the first time ever.

Atrahasis
13-03-2008, 12:36
If GT tables are anything like they've been historically, there'll be an average of 3 or 4 woods on each table anyway.

Atrahasis, a little miffed that whoever sets up the tables seems to think we're playing 40k.