PDA

View Full Version : Limit To Bunker Size?

Eryx_UK
12-03-2008, 23:29
In out in-store campaign a question has arisen with regards to the size of bunkers. Two players have rolled a Blitz mission, and the defender gets to place any bunkers that want.

The comment raised was that the defender could build a single bunker large enough to hold all his infantry (he's playing orks). Would this be fine, or is there a size limit?

Thoughts?

catbarf
13-03-2008, 00:17
If one player is going to try and be asinine enough to attempt such an underhanded tactic like that, I don't see why there's going to be a game at all.

RampagingRavener
13-03-2008, 00:27
In out in-store campaign a question has arisen with regards to the size of bunkers. Two players have rolled a Blitz mission, and the defender gets to place any bunkers that want.

The comment raised was that the defender could build a single bunker large enough to hold all his infantry (he's playing orks). Would this be fine, or is there a size limit?

Thoughts?

Just remember, a Flamer template weapon will hit every single model inside the Bunker. Let him make his huge bunker and stick his whole army in it! Race up with some fast stuff and drop some Flamer templates in there, watch half his army go up in one shot! :D

EDIT: Or at least, I think they do...I don't play with Bunkers very often.

Straha
13-03-2008, 00:44

Thoughts?

If there isn't a size limit, there should be. I'd decide with my opponent before playing. Besides, the Ork guy sounds kind of shady --- maybe you should reconsider playing him.

Geddonight
13-03-2008, 00:51
Hrm... aren't bunkers treated as vehicles for terms of capacity? i.e. only one squad may be in a bunker at a time?

Raven1
13-03-2008, 00:59
This should be in the rules are, but IIRC there is specific rules in the 4th edition rulebook. I'll look it up.

Ok so I looked it up in the book it's on page 193, under the "BUNKERS" section. There are very specific rules and the quick answer no, he can not make a single bunker that would be big enough to fit an entrie army. In fact if he full squads like up to 20 he would be hard pressed to fit an entire squad in one bunker.

Also, of note all bunkers in a certain mission can be combined into one large fortification. Your friend and his opponent should have a good look in the book about bunkers

Mitheral
13-03-2008, 01:22
Page 193 of the BGB:
"Bunkers ... can take many forms -- ... It is assumed that a bunker will consist of an enclosed structure no more than 8" across in any direction. {blah, blah, access point blah, blah vision slit}"

However it continues later on regarding using more than a single bunker: "you may use models combining several bunkers into one large fortification. {blah, blah, access points}"

So ya, if a player has control of where bunkers are placed he can make a large complex of bunkers. Because the blitz mission just says the defender "may place fortifications and obstacles in the fortification area" it seems he could build whatever he wanted within the limits of the goal of 25% terrain. (and the limits of not being a ****** tha no one will play)

Eryx_UK
13-03-2008, 01:34
Thats what I figured. The player in question was not trying to be an ******, it was more of a comment raised because they did not spot anything in their about size. I shall pass this along.