PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Archmage Dragon list

backslide
13-03-2008, 00:12
not played alot of WFB in a while but the new HE dragon model, combine with the concept of an arch mage on a dragon is pulling me back that way and finally come up with a list I like. Not to mention the GF telling me to get a dragon

Heros:
ARCHMAGE (655 Pts)
Lvl 4
Guardian Phoenix
Sliver Wand
Ring of Fury
Dispel Scroll
Moon Dragon

Elf Mage (185 Pts)
Lvl 2
Seer Staff
Dispel Scroll

Core:
Seaguard x14 (218 Pts)
Full Command (no shield)
Lion Standard

Archers x10 (110 pts)

Archers x10 (110 Pts)

Special:
Dragon Princes x5 (250 Pts)
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery

Dragon Princes x5 (150 Pts)

Swordmasters x7 (105 Pts)

Chariot (85 Pts)

Chariot (85 Pts)

Rare:
Great Eagle (50 Pts)

Great Eagle (50 Pts)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (100 Pts)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (100 Pts)

Total Pts 2253 (still needs a tweek I know)

well I have alwasy used an archmage with HE, so putting him on a dragon seemed like a ammusing idea, will prolly use death, for steal soul and doom and darkness, the 2nd level High if fighting a lot of magic, have had great fun with beasts on him, beast cowers and wolf hunts

its lacking my normal units of 5 sliver helms for distraction and annoyance which is a little worrysome

have always used the chariots, tempted to drop them for more swordmasters

happy to look at swapping the archmage on dragon for a dragon mage, of even a prince if I can keep enough magical defence

Spirit
13-03-2008, 01:17
Wont 2 heros in 2.25k get mauled by magic?

Im not a HE player so i dont know how they handle like this though.

backslide
13-03-2008, 01:23
its 5 dispell dice and 2 scrolls so its about average for magical defence, but to a point drain magic is a big help:)

elvishpie
13-03-2008, 02:37
The issue with putting an archmage on dragon is that he has no armor. Without armor basic ranged attacks will easily kill your mage. With only 8 ld on the dragon thats not reliable enough to bet on him staying under control. However, it could be fun go for it.

The prince on the dragon will live much longer, and if you want to still keep the magical appeal you can give him one level. However, I would suggest giving him max durability, the 2+ armor save, 4+ ward that allows re-rolled armor, and amulet of light. This makes him tough, and useful. Yet I run a lv 1 lord and two level 2 mages =)

backslide
14-03-2008, 00:34
well i should prolly drop the archmage off the dragon, but will try it for a few games, will prolly get a dragon mage instead, though will have to try the raw power of the star dragon at some point