PDA

View Full Version : 750 point doubles tourny list

eleveninches
13-03-2008, 11:58
124: Runesmith (great weapon, MRo Gromril, MRo Challenge)

180: 15 Quarrellers (shields)

60: Bolt Thrower (enigneer)
90: Bolt Thrower (enigneer, Ro always hit on a 2+)
90: Bolt Thrower (enigneer, Ro Penetrating, Ro Burning)
85: Bolt Thrower (enigneer, Ro Penetrating)

120: Organ Gun

-----
total = 749 points
-----

Mercules
13-03-2008, 12:58
Um....

How is the composition being done for this tournament?

I am assuming split right down the middle?

If so it might be helpful to know what your partner is bringing because that list all alone will get overwhelmed. Your war engines will be bonfires for long without something to intercept incoming troops. I would hope your partner's list would be more CC orientated to compliment your gunline list.

EndlessBug
13-03-2008, 16:33
please tell me if im wrong, but the 'always hit on a 2+' isn't that it is more like '1 use only, hits on a 2+'

your organ gun can only go in one place so I'd just send my war machine hunters around the other side then charge up your flanks. skirmishers will maul most of the army.

Bretonians will demolish this army, I know you'll point out the bolt throwers kill knights but you'll have 2 rounds shooting with them with the first turn.

I hope your ally brings along some infantry blocks to compensate. Is'nt it a shared army comp list in doubles tournies? meaning your ally has only 1 special slot and the rest core.

Let alone the fact it has to be one of the dullest armies to play with/against, not even any interesting guess range weaponry.

My personal tactics against this army:
hide my scouts/fast cav until i shoot the hell outta the organ gun then just charge in against the bolt throwers.

eleveninches
15-03-2008, 11:17
The rune is one use only, yes

My ally is bringing brettonians, with:
Paladin
Paladin BSB
Damsel (not sure about this)
8 Knights errent (errentry banner)
8 Knights of the Realm
10 Peasents
Not sure what else, and dont know his magic item configurations for his heroes

My personal tactics against this army:
hide my scouts/fast cav until i shoot the hell outta the organ gun then just charge in against the bolt throwers. Not with my Runesmith with a MRoChallenge you wont (He's the guy with a great weapon and 1+ armour save). Organ gun can take care of most skirmishers, as they dont have very high Ld so i should be able to make enough panic tests before they get within charge range.