PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz Skaven - Plan B

ZeroTwentythree
13-03-2008, 15:42
OK, so here's the second draft of my 'Ard Boyz list. I've decided to try to work back to the MHU strategy. MHU is a term I've been dying to use every since BASHcon when I was talking with a couple of the O&G players about our mutual interest in horde armies vs. MSU armies and one of them (Bill? Mike?) came up with the term. Multiple Huge Units. It's the horde players response to pansy elfin MSU.

I'm going to get a bumper sticker made: "Horde players do it with huge units."

So the basic idea will be... well, obviously rush forward and swarm the enemy. OK, so there's a little more to it than that, but that's the gist of it. Storm Banner gets popped ASAP to give me cover as I run for it. This will also (hopefully) buy my weapon teams a turn of booking towards the enemy to get close enough to actually get a shot off. If my opponents concentrate whatever missile fire and magic they can muster at thet weapon teams, well that's fine too. That just means more huge units swarming across the board. Assisting with the storm banner are 6 dispell dice and 4 scrolls, plus the Umbraner, Tenebrous cloak (overkill?), and 3 sets of tunnel teams that should start popping up around the same time the stinky tsunami of diseased rodents hits the unlucky forces on the other side of the table. Warlocks, WLC, globadiers, jezzails and possibly the weapon teams will all try their best to keep the big flying beasties away.

All the while the bell will be ringing. Ideally something like my last game will happen: Turn 1, everything T7 or higher takes damage. Turn 2, all skaven frenzy. :D OK, so that could seriously backfire. But it would be funny.

Really I think the Skaven are at a disadvantage at 3500 points of no-comp-scoring cheese-mania, so I'm just going to have some fun with it. If I can get more figures painted in time, I'll start dropping things like the WLC and add more rank and file troops. 329 seems like so few. :D

Clan All-Out-of Bubblegum - 'Ard Boyz Plan-B

1 Grey Seer
#4 Warpstone Tokens; Eye of the Horned Rat,
Dispel Scroll, Tenebrous Cloak, 1 Screaming Bell

1 Warlord
General; Heavy Armour; Shield
Twisted Crown of the Horned Rat, Weeping Blade

1 Warlock Engineer
Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy
Condenser; Warp Blades; #1 Warpstone Token
Dispel Scroll; Storm Daemon

1 Warlock Engineer
Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy
Condenser; Warp Blades; #1 Warpstone Token
Dispel Scroll; Dispel Scroll

1 Plague Priest
Desolate Blade

1 Chieftain
Heavy Armour; Battle Standard; Storm Banner

30 Clanrats
Full command; Ratling Gun

30 Clanrats

30 Clanrats
Full command; WFT

30 Clanrats

42 Clanrat Slaves

42 Clanrat Slaves

30 Clanrat Slaves

30 Plague Monks
Full command; Umbranner

8 Warplock Jezzail teams

6 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team
Champ; 2ndWeapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons

1 Giant Rat Pack

1 Giant Rat Pack

1 Giant Rat Pack

2 Poison Wind Globadiers

2 Poison Wind Globadiers

2 Poison Wind Globadiers

1 Warp-lightning Warp Cannon

Casting Pool: 12
Dispel Pool: 6
Models in Army: 329
Total Army Cost: 3500

What do y'all think? Feedback?

IronBrother
13-03-2008, 15:54
If this were my army, I would try to find a way to fit some stormvermin in there. There better save and overall toughness can help them out immensely. They can also make a good center for you army, and are better bell pushers (better armour, umbranner).

Another item worth taking on your Grey Seer is the warpstone charm, the 1 re-roll is very much worth it the first time he fails his ward save to a bolt thrower, or miscasts plague the second turn of the game.

ZeroTwentythree
13-03-2008, 16:02
If this were my army, I would try to find a way to fit some stormvermin in there. There better save and overall toughness can help them out immensely. They can also make a good center for you army, and are better bell pushers (better armour, umbranner).

Another item worth taking on your Grey Seer is the warpstone charm, the 1 re-roll is very much worth it the first time he fails his ward save to a bolt thrower, or miscasts plague the second turn of the game.

I don't have any stormvermin and hate the current models, so those are out. I like the idea of giving the pushers a magic banner, though, as you mention. I do have the Umbranner already, on the monks to help them make it across the board.

Good point re: the warpstone charm. I don't know why I missed that.