PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q re: reserve units

malisteen
13-03-2008, 21:24
I haven't seen the beta rules floating around, and I'm not asking for any specifics, but, as a general question, was anything done about characters in reserve in terms of when they arrive?

Recent codeces seem to have done away with attatched retinues. leading to situations where, say, a deep striking terminator lord might arrive on turn two, and his retinue might not show up until turn five, or vice versa. Similarly, in escalation games, a unit's non-dedicated transport might get pulled out from under them and held in reserve while the unit, as infantry, gets deployed, as if they somehow ran out in front of their ride.

It could even lead to strange situations where a character, his retinue, and the transport they ride to battle in all show up on different turns of the game.

It was one of the things I found most annoying about late 4e games of 40k. Has anything been done about it in 5e, or will I still be keeping my terminator lord on the shelf, lest he arrive without retinue from deep strike, or show up without transport if deployed normally?

Azzy
13-03-2008, 22:58
I haven't seen the beta rules floating around, and I'm not asking for any specifics, but, as a general question, was anything done about characters in reserve in terms of when they arrive?

Do not fear... An independent character comes in at the same time as the unit he is joined to. However, when you declare the units you're holding in reserve, you must declare that the IC is joined to a particular unit (a more than reasonable stipulation).