PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Vamp for tourney. Please help

complexfire
13-03-2008, 21:50
I am thinking of plaything army in a local and possibly a national tourney..
What do you think?

Vampire Lord
Master of the Black arts
Lord of the Dead
Infinate Hatred
Sword of Battle
Nightshroud
Crown of the Damned
Helm of Commandment
+1 Magic
445pts

He is in a unit of:
10 X Skeleton Warriors
Full Command
Banner of the Dead Legion
130pts

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
The Flayed Hauberk
Tomb Blade
195pts

He is in a unit of:
10 X Skeleton Warriors
Full Command
Banner of Endless Nightmare
130pts

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Summon Ghouls
The Accursed Armour
Sword of Might
185pts

He is in a unit of:
14 x Ghouls
Ghast
120pts

Necromance
Black Periapt
The Cursed Book
Mounted on
Corpse Cart
Unholy Load stone
190pts

He (and the cart) is in a unit of:
15 x Grave Guard
Full Command
Royal Standard of Strigos
245pts

Corpse Cart
Balefire
100pts

Corpse Cart
Balefire
100pts

Black Coach
200pts

Varghulf
175pts

Total = 2245
PD = 12 +1 from item
DD = 7 +1 from item

complexfire
14-03-2008, 06:12
1st bump.. Really no one likes/hates this list? Maybe there are two many VC lists floating around right now?

I hope a few people find this interesting enough to comment on. I don't have much time to finish painting and play a few test games.

TheDudeGuyMan
14-03-2008, 07:49
VERY interesting. I didn't even think about putting the Corpse Cart in a unit. That's a really good idea. But I guess you can only do it with a Neco mounted on it. I wonder: what happens when the necro dies? Does it take a monster reaction test or something? Speaking of which, you should give the Black Pendant to someone else and give the Neco the Gem of Blood for added protection (just use it on your last wound, and it's like an extra wound that kills a guy).

Also, I don't think I'd use the Black Coach, or that many Corpse Carts, for that matter. I'd drop the Coach and at least one of the balefire carts, if not both, to add two units of 5 black knights (amazing flankers/artillery killers, etc. Just amazing units) and put more skeletons in your skelly unit that has the endless banner.

Also, I don't know how you feel about ghouls, but I hate them. No armor save=die very very fast. That's ok for a flanker unit, especially when they're striking first, but if they are protecting a character, I'd definitely upgrade them to Skellies with a War Banner. Plus, your characters take up one of the frontage spots for the ghouls anyway, so ghouls are really better left without character, I think.

Anyway, good luck in your tourny, don't let the living give you too much trouble :)

Spirit
14-03-2008, 14:10
VERY interesting. I didn't even think about putting the Corpse Cart in a unit. That's a really good idea. But I guess you can only do it with a Neco mounted on it. I wonder: what happens when the necro dies? Does it take a monster reaction test or something? Speaking of which, you should give the Black Pendant to someone else and give the Neco the Gem of Blood for added protection (just use it on your last wound, and it's like an extra wound that kills a guy).

Also, I don't think I'd use the Black Coach, or that many Corpse Carts, for that matter. I'd drop the Coach and at least one of the balefire carts, if not both, to add two units of 5 black knights (amazing flankers/artillery killers, etc. Just amazing units) and put more skeletons in your skelly unit that has the endless banner.

Also, I don't know how you feel about ghouls, but I hate them. No armor save=die very very fast. That's ok for a flanker unit, especially when they're striking first, but if they are protecting a character, I'd definitely upgrade them to Skellies with a War Banner. Plus, your characters take up one of the frontage spots for the ghouls anyway, so ghouls are really better left without character, I think.

Anyway, good luck in your tourny, don't let the living give you too much trouble :)

1. You cant "choose" to use the gem of blood, its used when you are wounded in combat, first wound or not.

2.I disagree with dropping the carts because can see that you are trying to collapse the magic phase, which should work really well with this list.

3. Gould are statistically they are only very slightly less survivable that skeletons, as they are T4, in combat they are much better, 6 rank frontage for 13 ghoul poisoned attacks and a vampire? Yes please. Even if they are easier to kill, units will get less attacks back against them.

4.Black knights, i agree, some would be good, but short of losing the coach i don't see it happening, however they are one of the best units in the vampire army, being able to hide and march through terrain? Brilliant.

complexfire
14-03-2008, 22:33

Thanks for the ideas.. Like you I am so so on the ghouls. I have played a couple of games with them and they seem to be my weakest unit. As for loosing the black Coach.. NOPE NOPE NOPE

In the 4 games I have played with the new VC that thing has been the MVP of the army. I sit the thing within 6" of all my casters and let it suck the dice. Normally by turn two (once turn 3) the thing was all powered up and off it went doing stupid things to my enemy! :) I LOVE it.

As far as the corpse carts go.. I have been using three with Balefire. It has been working wellishh.. THough I have noticed that three might be over kill. So I decided to try a necro mounted on one. I don't know how good it will be but I like the idea and think it will look super cool in a unit! :)

Also I have noticed that the carts have been very very good in H2H. I had one cart single handedly kill a unit of light cav and other skirmishing flanking units.. You should see peoples faces when it casts ASF on itself and does 2d6 St2 Hits. I have been getting about 8-9 attacks, 4-5hits a 2-3 wounds against T3. It also holds up well in comabt with the T4 5+arm and 4+ Regen.. Go little corps carts! :)

Conotor
15-03-2008, 02:50
Very few units, but lots of striking first. You may have troble with a major MSU, but otherwise ur fine.

Dead Man Walking
15-03-2008, 03:12
All this striking first makes me happy to be fielding High Elves.

Yeah it was pretty insane what GW did to the black coach, another case of "The model isnt selling, lets make it crazy powerful and sell some!"

Ghouls are great, I just hate the models. Every rank after the first looks like it is sniffing the previous ranks butt.

jimbo
15-03-2008, 14:49
If you're planning on putting a vamp with the ghouls, why not get GhoulKin?
It can be very usefull. :)
Exchange for Dark Accoylite/Summon Ghouls?
Just a thought,

Jimbo

complexfire
15-03-2008, 15:43
If you're planning on putting a vamp with the ghouls, why not get GhoulKin?
It can be very usefull. :)
Exchange for Dark Accoylite/Summon Ghouls?
Just a thought,

Jimbo

Do you really think it is worth loosing the two power dice to move that one unit forward 8"? I may give it a try. I have been using the Ghouls to run behind the Vargulf. But like I said before the unit is not doing so well.

And yes the new models are pretty bad. :(