PDA

View Full Version : 3500 VC Tourney List

Goldenwolf
13-03-2008, 22:22
This is my first attempt at a NEW VC list, so any polite commentary would be appreciated.

Vampire Lord w/Walachs Bloody Hauberk, Power Stone, Power Stone
Nightmare *** Master of the Black Arts, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead

Vampire Lord w/Flayed Hauberk, Sceptre de Noirot, Helm of Commandment
Power Stone *** Master of the Black Arts, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead

Vampire w/Blood Drinker C-Hero 1
*** Dread Knight, Supernatural Horror C-Hero 1

Necromancer, Black Periapt, w/Corpse Cart & Balefire C-Hero 2
*** Extra Spell(Raise Dead), Power Stone C-Hero 2

Necromancer, Book of Arkhan, w/Corpse Cart Unholy Lodestone C-Hero 3
***Nightshroud, Extra Spell(Vanhels Danse Macabre) C-Hero 3

Wight King - BSB w/Sword of Kings C-Hero 4

20 Zombies w/Standard, Musician Core
18 Skeletons w/Lt Armor w/Full Command Core
5 Dire Wolves Core
5 Dire Wolves Core
5 Dire Wolves Core
5 Dire Wolves Core

12 Black Knights w/Barding & Full Command Special
12 Black Knights w/Barding & Full Command Special

5 Blood Knights w/Full command Rare
Black Coach Rare

9 Dispel Dice, 2 Dispel Scrolls
13 Power Dice, 3 Power Stones

Points on Characters: 1550
Points Available: 3500
Points Remaining: 1

129 Figs + Coach & 2 Carts

forgottenlor
15-03-2008, 21:07
I would personally make whichever lord was the general either more combat oriented, so he will be more effective in close combat, or not bother with magical defence and keep him in the back. For example, one could drop one of the powerstones from the first lord in exchange for the sword of might or you could drop both and give him the hand of dust. I would drop the armour on the second lord and exchange it for the amulet that lets him run 9. I also doubt that the nightshroud will do much for the necromancer. Why 12 black knights? Instead you could have 10 each with the war banner and the banner which doubles unit strength.

l1ttle
15-03-2008, 21:20
As I see youre characters are very strong in the Magic fase. You should probably also look to one Vampire specialiced in Combat.give him the Fly ability and place him in a unit of Crypt Ghouls(wich you don't have, you should drop al those Dire wolves for example and infast them in the vast Crypt Ghouls) Because Crypt Ghouls have the ability of a free march before movement. Your Vampire may march with them and then you can CHARGE in TURN 1!. I should also use a Vargulf.

Negafex
16-03-2008, 05:30
as your blood knights kastelan MUST issue challenges whenever possible, i find it to be a good idea to spend an extra 15 pts on him and give him a sword of battle, both for the magic weapon and the extra attack factors.

no varghulf makes me sad but with all that cavalry that has killing blow magic weapons you probably wont need him. just spend the first turn or two buffing those skeleton units as high as you can get them, and then start popping small zombie units up around your enemies flank and rear to force as many fear, panic, and break tests as possible, and when all they can do is run backwards into more zombies you should have plenty of leeway getting your black knights to slam into the enemys sides or rear and take out their units at your leasure

*also a little thing that seems to be going around is the misconception that the ghouls get a free march move before the game. they only get that if one of your vampires takes the ghoulkin power from the list of vampire powers. if none of them do then the ghouls dont get that free march