Walach's Bloody Hauberk
Helm of Commandment
Sword of Might

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Summon Creatures of the Night
Sword of Battle
Talisman of the Lynci
(Hangs out with the fellbats and raises some more of them before they fly off to harass/flank)

Vampire
Ghoulkin
Summon Ghouls
Book of Arkhan

Vampire
Flying Horror
Black Periapt
(Sits in a ghoul unit until he can charge out at something or get to an advantageous position, with a first turn charge as an option)

19 Ghouls with Ghast (With Lord makes 3 ranks)

20 Ghouls with Ghast (With Ghoulkin Vamp makes 3 ranks)

13 Ghouls with Ghast (With Flying Vamp makes 2 ranks)

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

3 Fell Bats

3 Fell Bats

3 Fell Bats

Vargulf

Vargulf

1995 Points.

Tried to go a little fluffy, but also felt like a fast vampire list would be fun and still effective. Have a couple concerns about the list I wanted to adress, however. Aside from the vampires I only really have the Vargulfs as heavy hitters, and I'm not really sure if that'll cut it or not. I also can't decide whether to take the 4th character or not - I like the flying vampire but he's also quite expensive.

One option I was considering was dropping the flying vampire and a unit of fellbats for a unit of black knights, trading some harassment potential for raw hitting power. The thing I don't like about that option is I like the myriad of options the list has for dealing with shooting and war machines with all the flyers in combination with the Vargulfs and wolves.

Last but not least, my main battle line is a little small, but since I like the 7 wide ghoul Idea, I thought the most efficient way to do it would be to take minimally sized units and try and summon some more with the 2 vampires that accompany them. Thanks for any replies and for reading another vamp list thread! :)

heinrichvoncarstein
14-03-2008, 15:04
How the hekk!! is a vamp lord with dread knight themed around the strigoi???

Spoonie
14-03-2008, 19:18
Well first of all, he doesn't *have* to be a giant monstrosity. But regardless, it's a good way to not only give him move 8, but also a bigger base. I'm sure where you can see these things would be convenient when modeling a half man, half bat-wolf monster.

Or is it half bat, half man-wolf? Either way I don't see how that one bloodline power was outrageous enough to warrant not only 3 question marks, but 3 exclamation points in the middle of a sentence.