PDA

View Full Version : Witch Hunter Model?

Drogmir
14-03-2008, 02:13
Just realized something, you'd think that Witch Hunters being so popular have never gotten their own model complete with rules in the empire.

I think it would be brilliant to get one, it would be the perfect anti hero to take out those pesky enemy chaos wizards or even threaten a vampire lord.

Thoughts?

Alathir
14-03-2008, 02:18
I'm not sure, the Witch Hunter would be sure to have a fantastic model and characterful rules, the problem is that he would probably end up stepping on the toes of the Warrior Priest a little.

I guess there could be cool ways to make him his own thing, like a list of enchanted guns or bullets.

Rocko
14-03-2008, 02:55
Mordheim did an excellent job with Witch Hunters I think. I have previously used the model from that as a warrior priest with 2hw.

I would think that the Witch Hunter would have different available equipment than a warrior priest and maybe hate all magic users, undead and demons? Probably would give the unit hate, sort of copy the WP in that aspect. Maybe gives magic resistance 1?

Maybe they will come out with a supplement sometime like they did for the Arch Lector?

IronBrother
14-03-2008, 03:02
I like the idea of a witch hunter, but I think Alathir hit it on the head when he said it would be stepping on the toes of the warrior priest. And who is to say that the witch hunter isn't just a warrior priest?

made Librarian, WOOT!

Petey
14-03-2008, 03:42
just use the warrior priest, he fills the same roll, or since they're usually just glorified warriors, use the empire captain. I would, however, like to see witchhunter items for empire in the army book.

But more than either of these, i d like to see another special rule go the general of the empire.

snurl
14-03-2008, 04:54
There is a DOW 2 man Witch hunter-warior priest team called Wilhelm and Johann, the figures are awesome, but now "classic"

freelancer
14-03-2008, 05:01
I would love to see a Van Helsing style witch hunter moddel, You no the hole massive low brimed hat, leather coat and duel wield pistols:D it just screams badass

freelancer

Admiral Samuel Eden
14-03-2008, 05:37
Go and look on the Warhammer Online website, then go to Armies of War, then to Empire and then to Witch Hunter, its really, really cool.
I'd love to see witch hunter models, they'd be awesome, and yes Van Helsing would be a good look for them. They wouldn't clash with warrior priests, warrior priests job would be to inspire units and make them go nuts which they do at the moment. Witch Hunters would run around blowing the heads of enemy wizards and the like. Different jobs all together.

Amon 'Chakai
14-03-2008, 09:55
There is a DOW 2 man Witch hunter-warior priest team called Wilhelm and Johann, the figures are awesome, but now "classic"

As seen here.

Terror of the East
14-03-2008, 11:20
Wilhelm and Johann have rules to, they are a dog of war unit and verry hurtfull to vampires and the undead and demons. infact they could kill a vampire in one hit with the steak of sigmar or whatever it was called. Rules were published in the WD a whyle back and i dont know if they are valid for the current edition.

alpha_dude
14-03-2008, 11:30
Wilhelm and Johann have rules to, they are a dog of war unit and verry hurtfull to vampires and the undead and demons. infact they could kill a vampire in one hit with the steak of sigmar or whatever it was called. Rules were published in the WD a whyle back and i dont know if they are valid for the current edition.

Those rules were out when i used to play regularly...so that must be about 5th edition now. Although a friend and i did manage to fit them into a special game of warhammer skirmish...

Lordsaradain
14-03-2008, 11:44
You can always use the warrior priest rules for a witch hunter, they fit. My only regret is that warrior priests cant have pistols.. :D

But I'd love a witch hunter model!