PDA

View Full Version : How much would YOU guys pay for this?

RedSarge
14-03-2008, 02:40
Hi, Im in talks with a person interested in purchasing on of me 3/4 armies.
I come asking what would you be willing to trade/pay for this amount?

I want to sell this to a friend or someone on this forum but I am not sure what is a fair price. I did put at least 20 hours of work in the plastic cleaning ect...

30 on the sprue Hormagaunts w/10 already cleaned of mold lines and assembled (no paint/primer)to standard specs, with weighted bases.

1 cleaned and trimmed Carnifex, torso and legs glued to base only every other part is seperate. (no paint/primer)

20 Genestealers, 6 BfM and 6 old skool Genestealers (blue plastic) and 8 multi-pose Stealers. (no paint/primer) Around 12 are already filed and trimmed.

Ok, that's it. I hope I can get some good estimates and ideas of what to do with this budding swarm.

intellectawe
14-03-2008, 02:43
Honestly? Since I am an eBay and Bartertown whore.... 70 - 80 bucks probably.

Someone with lesser knowledge about where to find good deals might pay 100 bucks or a tad more for that.

RedSarge
14-03-2008, 02:52
That's all!? Wow I was searching Ebay and some deals are a little risky because of other bidders or not "buy it now" options. So they're not as good as what I was expecting, around 200 bucks. Mainly because there are so many Hormagaunts which you can only get in eight to a box.

intellectawe
14-03-2008, 03:50
Warhammer figures are like buying cars... the second you buy a box and open it, the price goes down.

Like I said, I can find easy deals online, but most people aren't as savvy. The general rule for selling online 40% off price( rule, not law! Charge someone 600 bucks for all you care! ).

Remember, this is only my opinion. I am not master online Warhammer economist.

Caanaan
14-03-2008, 03:56
As intellectawe said, a general starting point is 40% off of MSRP. Keep in mind that 20-25% off is availible on brand new GW stuff to anyone with even a modicum of interest in looking. Most people aren't willing to pay for assembly and cleaning of the models, and if anything will look at that as a negative. Same with painting--unless it is done _very_ well, it is really more of a negative for most people.

Try looking over bartertown--that is probably the best place to get an idea.

Best of luck.

Victomorga
14-03-2008, 04:18
I would pay $80 for that.

I agree with the previous posts: any filing, assembly, painting, etc. are negatives to me. I'd rather do it myself.

Keep in mind: you could sell that on an auction site and easily get more than what I would pay.

RedSarge
14-03-2008, 15:09
any filing, assembly, painting, etc. are negatives to me. I'd rather do it myself.
You'd rather file 40 Hormagaunts yourself? :p You're crazy.

But anyways thank you for the insight on model pricing you guys.

Caanaan: I'll check out Bartertown again.

intellectawe
14-03-2008, 15:39
You'd rather file 40 Hormagaunts yourself? :p You're crazy.

You'll learn that 9 out of 10 players would rather work on 'their babies' than have someone else do that.

Thanatos_elNyx
14-03-2008, 17:13
You'll learn that 9 out of 10 players would rather work on 'their babies' than have someone else do that.

Thats for sure, I was looking for a Chaos Bike on eBAy for ages, but they were always assembled already which was not for me, so I ended up buying a full one.

On another occasion I bought a Monolith and when it arrived, I disassembled teh whole thing in order to put it together again properly.

Victomorga
14-03-2008, 17:22
with horde 'nids, you're right I'm probably just being anal. but without seeing them before hand, I would be worried the previous owner may have screwed them up in a way that will take as much (or more) time to fix than it would have taken me to do correctly the first time.

a coarse file and low standards can wreak havok on a model.

0ld1eye
14-03-2008, 17:22
I never buy anything assembled. I convert the majority of my models, so that would make it more difficult.

RedSarge
14-03-2008, 17:51
with horde 'nids, you're right I'm probably just being anal. but without seeing them before hand, I would be worried the previous owner may have screwed them up in a way that will take as much (or more) time to fix than it would have taken me to do correctly the first time.

a coarse file and low standards can wreak havok on a model.

Its a bit pointless for me to take pictures of my Tyranid models now as they're being sold to someone who is not on warseer. But I can assure you they were assembled 100% correctly (I also cleaned all the mold lines with a hobby knife) and you can check my project log (link in my sig) to see what type of standards I have.

The final price I will be getting for my Nids is $192.50 CA, which is great IMO considering you cannot find a LOT of Hormgaunts on the net. I checked bartertown/ebay and ect with no large amounts of Hormagaunts to be found.

intellectawe
14-03-2008, 20:05
Good job! You probably found the biggest idiot on the internet :) I wish I could find more of those damnit!!