PDA

View Full Version : 500 point Thranduil's Hall

IronBrother
14-03-2008, 06:00
So I have decided to give the Mahud a rest (as they are almost done painted, damn GW being out of Chaos Black paint) so I have picked up my Thranduil list, as it needs to be painted and played again. I've done pretty well with it, and have recently focused more on just Mirkwood Elves.

Thranduil
Legolas with elven cloak

31 Wood Elves (8 elven blades, 15 wood elf spears, 8 bows)
2 Sentinels

C&C welcome

Does anyone do battle reports for LoTR battles/games

lorelorn
14-03-2008, 13:06
That list is pretty much the same as one I fought against recently, just with one additional sentinel, and a standard (and take away those points in elves).

The army gave mine a hammering, though I ground out a win by sticking to the mission.

I am doing some game reports as part of my project log (see sig) since the games are as much part of the project as the painting. When I finally play with and against a fully painted and based army, I'll do a separate game report, complete with images.

IronBrother
14-03-2008, 17:41
It's funny how sticking to the mission can win you the game. I had that happen with my Mahud. I got wiped out to a man (and camel), but won because of the mission. His force was broken too.

I want to have as many elves as I can, and I don't want to have too many points invested in upgrades. The banner is too expensive for the elves, in my opinion.

lorelorn
15-03-2008, 07:56
Having a large army of elves is a great tactic. The basic wood elf, with equipment options, is powerful and D3 is not such a vulnerability in practice.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
17-03-2008, 00:35
That would be a good list i suppose having not played in a while but i think that it would be very vulnerable to arrows.

lorelorn
17-03-2008, 09:17
For strength 2 bows, you're the same as defense 4 (needs a 5 to kill), so you're no different to other light armies.

The crossbows of the uruk-hai and corsair fleets are the main worry, but those are not often seen in large numbers.

IronBrother
17-03-2008, 17:29
And if they are seen, I will shoot them down. Elves hit on 3+ and Thranduil hits on 2+, I am not really worried about it. Don't forget elven cloaks, which I have thought about giving to my whole army. I am going to try it out later this week, I am just worried about how many models I will lose.

Quick edit, I just finished painting the full 500 points as listed above. WOOT