PDA

View Full Version : zealots in a witch hunter army?

jackveneno
14-03-2008, 07:28
the question is simple, how do i add zealots to my WH army??

alexh
14-03-2008, 07:40
The answer is even simpler. You use the chapter approved rules printed in UK WD 304.

warchild9
14-03-2008, 07:42
tool them up for melee and take a priest for them ( usually take to fanatics w/ eviscerators and a priest weilding one) esterminators are ok.... depends what you are fighting and how many zealots you have

starlight
14-03-2008, 08:12
Google might be helpful...

Shadowheart
14-03-2008, 08:16
How about zealots in an IG army? That possible?

I've got a unit's worth of Frateris Militia that lack an army to tag along with.

starlight
14-03-2008, 08:25
Technically they are Troops in a WH army, so as long as you meet any prerequisites, your opponent *should* allow them as Allies.

Not saying they will, but as long as you meet the requirements *I* would.:)

warchild9
14-03-2008, 08:30
actually since you could only field 2 troops from WH codex and they are a compulsary unit
your fist two choice would be IG and then allowed 2 from WH which would be sisters and/or stormtroopers/ arbites, I think....been a while since I read the rules for them

Shadowheart
14-03-2008, 08:54
Lemme just quote the relevant bit of text, which also answers the OP's question:

If you wish to field these frothing maniacs in your Witch Hunters force, then you can include them as Troops choices, though they do not count towards the minimum number of compulsory Troop choices you must include. Therefore, you must include two Troop choices from the army list in Codex: Witch Hunters before you can include the Zealots in your army.

The article doesn't mention including them as Inquisitorial allies, but it also doesn't say you can't do it. I think you could argue the legality of it either way, I was just wondering if GW had cleared it up in the meantime. Fat chance, I know.

But I agree most people probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

warchild9
14-03-2008, 09:20
I don't think they have ( just checked the FAQ for witchhunter) and made no mention of them. It would look great in an IG army, I would let you field them against me and then we could have dualing zealot mobs

Inquisitor Feldenhaus
14-03-2008, 13:31
Does anyone know where I could get these rules, apart from purchasing the actual WD?

Spacker
14-03-2008, 13:37
Does anyone know where I could get these rules, apart from purchasing the actual WD?

Try ringing GW and asking if you can get a copy - they sometimes send out photocopies if you ask nicely :)

cuda1179
14-03-2008, 16:05
I know that at one time GW had them up on the US website. They might still be there. Man, I love those Zealots. 6 evisertors with 15 ablative wounds. Hell, I made chaos marines run away from me.

warchild9
15-03-2008, 05:31
killed two mobs of Khorne bezerkers with just three eviscerators, so awesome

jackveneno
15-03-2008, 10:19
what models do people generally use to represent the zealots??

Inquisitor Feldenhaus
15-03-2008, 13:05
I just got the rules, and I think the new plastic empire flagellants would be a good place to start.

ThousandPlateaus
15-03-2008, 13:18
As they can carry any weapons they like ('favoured weapons' they're described as), you can pretty much use any human from the GW range. For one squad I use the Necromunda Redemptionist Gang, for my second, some new Flagellants, and for my third a rag-tag bunch of all kinds of miscreants - Bretonnians, Mordheim Witch Hunters (hey, attacking a Carnifex with a wet fish is perfectly in character!), metal Empire flagellants. Simply any kind of crazy you can get your hands on really.

I've always given exterminators a wide berth, though - it makes the squad far too expensive and isn't really worth it.

Da Black Gobbo
15-03-2008, 13:32
Guys where are this rules coming from??

Edit: i found the rules here they are http://www.warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?p=496502&sid=b098f5227d7a536924b98a96f4339eb6

Awesome rules!!!

Vet.Sister
15-03-2008, 13:36

I bought a couple of boxes of Sisters of Sigmar (for Mordhiem). For the actual fanatics, I use my Sisters Repentia. Mainly since I bought them before analysing just how bad their rules are....:rolleyes:

EDIT: BTW the rules also appear in US WD 292.
Cheers!

alexh
15-03-2008, 15:42

I used the new Empire Flagellants with FW Renegade arms.

warchild9
15-03-2008, 16:39
I use the old Redemptionist gang from Necromunda and I use the Redeemer for my priest for next mob I am using the plastic flagellants

zealot!
15-03-2008, 17:17
20 zealots, 4 eviscerators = dead stuff

I use the old Redemptionist gang from Necromunda and I use the Redeemer for my priest for next mob I am using the plastic flagellants

same here (as far as the plastics - man they're sweet)

afshinbb
12-11-2008, 11:23
sounds like a fun list. i am playing black templars and have converted my jumppackers using zealots heads to make for a nutty looking bunch. i want to use two units of these zealots too for added religious nuttyness. thanks for the link too. i was trying to find these guys for a while.

BrianC
12-11-2008, 12:29
I bought a couple of boxes of Sisters of Sigmar (for Mordhiem). For the actual fanatics, I use my Sisters Repentia. Mainly since I bought them before analysing just how bad their rules are....:rolleyes:

EDIT: BTW the rules also appear in US WD 292.
Cheers! Repentia wouldn't be so bad if you could stick them in a transport, 30 power fist attacks out of a LRC?

Alessander
12-11-2008, 16:59
Technically, they can only be used in a WH army, so by the rules you can't use them as allies.

There used to be metal zealot models at the very end of 2nd ed when the SOB codex came out, really weak looking guys wearing jumpsuits with pistols and knives. I think they were supposed to be factory workers and such.

edit: i've had trouble finding a pic of them, but the genestealer mini-codex on BOLS uses them for the bretheren. or brothers.

warchild9
12-11-2008, 22:29
those were the frateris militia

Orkeosaurus
12-11-2008, 22:46
Technically, they can only be used in a WH army, so by the rules you can't use them as allies.

Actually, if I may argue against this:

The rules for allies in the Witch Hunter's codex state: "Witch Hunters units can be included as allies in any of the following Codex armies:"

If you assume that any unit allowed to be taken in a Witch Hunters force is a "Witch Hunters unit" then there's no problem with zealots. If you use some other method of determining what constitutes a "Witch Hunter unit" then what would you use? The rules for allies don't say the unit must be in the Witch Hunters codex.

None of the entries in the Witch Hunters armylist label the unit a "Witch Hunters unit." In fact, the allies rules specifically prohibit taking inducted imperial guard or space marines as allies; this isn't any sort of note in parenthesis, or anything like that. I think this is even more evidence toward units without entries in the Witch Hunters codex still counting as Witch Hunter units if they are allowed in the army.

As for the chapter approved paragraph stating:

"If you wish to field these frothing maniacs in your Witch Hunters force, then you can include them as Troops choices, though they do not count towards the minimum number of compulsory Troop choices you must include. Therefore, you must include two Troop choices from the army list in Codex: Witch Hunters before you can include the Zealots in your army."

This does state that you need to take two compulsory units from the Witch Hunters codex, if used in Witch Hunters force. However, the rules for allies state:

"Any compulsory choices (such as the one HQ and two Troops choices in a standard mission) must be fulfilled from the 'parent' list and not the Witch Hunters list"

Thus the specific rules for including allies in an Imperial Guard (or Space Marine) force override the less specific rules for including zealots in a purely Witch Hunters force.

Angelwing
12-11-2008, 23:01
For model ideas, mine include the plastic necromunda orlocks, delaques, redemptionists, warhammer nippon warriors (yes really...!), repentia, and priest models for demagogues.

afshinbb
13-11-2008, 02:54
orkasaurus is ABsolutly RIGHT. i was gonna write almost exactly what he wrote but thanks for writing it and saving me fingers the typing. nice to see another intelligent being like myself in the universe. he he.

Orkeosaurus
13-11-2008, 07:04
orkasaurus is ABsolutly RIGHT. i was gonna write almost exactly what he wrote but thanks for writing it and saving me fingers the typing. nice to see another intelligent being like myself in the universe. he he.

Well thanks. It does require a careful reading though.