PDA

View Full Version : Liber Necris

Lord_Crull
14-03-2008, 14:53
Is it any good? I'm thinking about getting it.

Abhorash
14-03-2008, 15:14
If you like VC fluff then get it. Its realy great and informative.

EvC
14-03-2008, 15:24
Although a lot of the excellent writing has been ignored and changed by the background presented in the new army book. It's a great standalone book, though.

FatOlaf
14-03-2008, 15:52
Especially when BL were selling them off for 10...

Ixquic
14-03-2008, 16:03
Although a lot of the excellent writing has been ignored and changed by the background presented in the new army book. It's a great standalone book, though.

I read both and didn't really notice any glaring contradictions. What did I miss?

It is pretty cool though. They put a lot more thought into how warhammer Vampires "work" than I would have thought prior to reading it.

heinrichvoncarstein
14-03-2008, 19:50
In the liber necris the notion of vlad being vashanesh leads more in the vashanesh direction but in the new book it leads more to the vlad-is-not-vashanesh direction.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
14-03-2008, 23:20
Well, Liber Necris is meant to have been written by none other than post Hell Fen Manfred.

The Vampire Count book is taken from the Imperial perspective.

Thus, discrepancies are bound to crop up somewhere. Still an excellent read, and a pretty exhaustive set of background as to the origins of Undeath.

EvC
17-03-2008, 00:37
I read both and didn't really notice any glaring contradictions. What did I miss?

I think the biggest is the situation with Kadon and the city of Mourkhain, which Ushoran eventually came across before becaming the leader of the city. Then it was destroyed by Orcs. MvS tied this all together perfectly... in the new VC book though, it's changed to "Kadon founds Mourkhain. It's destroyed by Orcs. Then like a thousand years later Ushoran also founds his city on the same place, and it's destroyed by Orcs as well".

Similarly Vorag the Ghoul King's placing in the background is rendered ridiculous, as he exists before the Strigoi do. The Red Duke gets the idiot treatment... if I could get to my copy of the Liber Necris right now I could probably find another dozen points.