PDA

View Full Version : Which Traitor/Renegade Marine army do you play?

BlackLegion
14-03-2008, 18:19
So i want to know how popular the different Chaos Space Marine Armies are.

So you have:
- One of the original Traitor Legions who turned to Chaos during the Horus Heresy who worship no particular Chaos God alone such as the Black Legion.
- One of the four Cult Traitor Legions who worship only one single Chaos God such as the World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard and Emperors Children.
- Renegade Chapter Chaos Space Marines who turned traitor and began to worship the Chaos Gods such as the Red Corsairs.
- Regenade Chapter Space Marines which turned away from the Imperium but don't worship Chaos...yet such as the Soul Drinkers.

Please post which Legion/Chapter you play as you vote :)

Off course: I play Black Legion Chaos Space Marines :)

toymaker
14-03-2008, 18:26
Death Guard for me

Tiller5
14-03-2008, 18:27
Thousand Sons! See below (shameless plug)

Thoth62
14-03-2008, 18:39
In the last codex I played a pure Thousand Sons army, but I'm sad to say that since the new codex came out, I've been diversifying. I've used different cult units in different lists, like berzerkers and noise marines, and as such, I've begun to write up some new fluff for a renegade warband led by a former member of the Thousand Sons Legion. There are a mix of allegiences to different gods within the warband, but overall, there is a bit of an undivided feel to it, along with leanings towards Tzeentch.

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
14-03-2008, 18:43
Black legion all the way! They get to use everything!

Timber_Wolf
14-03-2008, 18:46
alpha legion all the way, but im currently building some red corsairs, as i want to paint something else and have a hella lot of cool conversion stuff at hand

Sister_Sin
14-03-2008, 18:53
World Eaters, and I mean pure World Eaters, excepting only the Bloodthirster.

Sister Sin

The Blue Knight
14-03-2008, 18:53
I was IW, but I feel that they lost their flavor and charm (and no I was not always using all four heavy slots) as I liked modifying my vehicles, warsmith servo arm thing, did not care of demons, and their don't like any-one attitude.

However, I always had a soft, quishy spot for ol' Papa Puke and have happily shuffled onto the Death Guard.

twj
14-03-2008, 18:57
Black Legion, loved the colour scheme more than anything else...

Staurikosaurus
14-03-2008, 19:06
Word Bearers. Love the background and their hate for the ultramarines.

TzeentchForPresident
14-03-2008, 19:10
Thousand Sons

Dreachon
14-03-2008, 19:11
Iron Warriors and Deathguard

Warp Zero
14-03-2008, 19:12
Just started an "Angels of Ecstasy" (renegade chaos marines) army. :D

AnotherDroneInMyHead
14-03-2008, 19:13
World Bearers primarily (love that colour scheme), with a large force of old 2ed Death Guard on the side

Mr Feral
14-03-2008, 19:14
Red Corsairs = super pirates

AAARGH ME HEARTIES!

Lars Porsenna
14-03-2008, 19:24
Voted Traitor Legion (Black Legion in this case), though I might do some alternates as Alpha Legion (for the latter I thought about getting some Mk5s and use them instead of the "regular" chaos marines...).

Damon.

Shibboleth
14-03-2008, 19:26
The Barbarian Legion
- An undivided siege legion, with a touch of Khorne, harking back to old style IW, but without the stigma. :)
They also take on allies and mercenaries from any and all other Legions willing to fight alongside them.

Colonel Deal
14-03-2008, 19:34
Iron Warriors. No need for special rules to enjoy their background.

Bigbot
14-03-2008, 19:54
Night Lords, Gotta love having to do lightning bolts on everything! :D

SevenSins
14-03-2008, 20:04
Under the previous codex I ususally went for the Alpha legion, although I don't follow their colour scheme... Now much the same really, although without cultists I'm leaning more towards a more general renegades chapter (of my own invention)...

Lieutenant Ranik
14-03-2008, 20:05
Went with Renegade Chaos Space Marine Chapter. I have a Chapter of my own devising, actually my fluff says its only a Company though, called the Forsaken Sons, formerly 2nd Company of the Beloved Sons Space Marine Chapter.

Eetion
14-03-2008, 20:06
Alpharius and the Alpha Legion have my loyalty.

Malachai
14-03-2008, 20:09
I am working on Alpha legion.
I will use them for my Vrak-traitor-guard.

Thoth62
14-03-2008, 20:20
World Bearers primarily (love that colour scheme), with a large force of old 2ed Death Guard on the side

I always get confused when people talk about World Bearers and Word Eaters... I never know which legion they're actually referencing...

Word Bearers?

Or World Eaters?

Joewrightgm
14-03-2008, 20:23
I'm actually playing Black Legion because I like their unmitigated access to cult troops (even before the new codex), and because I'm great at painting gold and I really like the fluff.

malkkis
14-03-2008, 20:29
I'm actually playing Black Legion because I like their unmitigated access to cult troops (even before the new codex), and because I'm great at painting gold and I really like the fluff.

Same here, Just BL mixed with WE. All WE insingnia removed tough.

Captin Korea!
14-03-2008, 21:10
Iron Warriors! Iron with in, iron without!

MegaPope
14-03-2008, 23:22
Word Bearers.

Spreading the Good News of Lorgar since 1995:angel:;).

Death Korp
14-03-2008, 23:26
My Steel Malice CSM Renegade Warband (And some Allies :P)

DK

Vaktathi
14-03-2008, 23:30
Iron Within.

Iron Without.

Hiox
15-03-2008, 00:16
Death Guard

ChromeZephyr
15-03-2008, 01:01
As the sig states, Renegade Chaos Space Marine chapter....though I am definitely hearing the call of Lorgar. Dammit, I don't want to start a second CSM army....

TheDarkDuke
15-03-2008, 01:03
thousand sons. but with the new book ive added in some basic space marines and other units. but they all have mark of tzeentch so it works enough, it at least gives me some actual options for the army.

Gen.Steiner
15-03-2008, 01:08
See the project log in my sig. I am currently building the Pantokrator's Fallen Men, a mish-mash of renegade Marines from all over the Maelstrom and surrounding sectors. :)

NB: Pantokrator is Greek. It means 'Lord of All Things'. ;)

Imperialis_Dominatus
15-03-2008, 04:45
Renegade Space Marines, with some subtle hints of possible Chaos. Interested? See below.

Serpent
15-03-2008, 14:12
Night Lords. Cynical, evil, cold-hearted and plain fun.

And lightning bolts. Love the lightning bolts.

Minos Engele
15-03-2008, 14:24
Word Bearers. As an athiest the thought of an army full of theological extremists seemed like a great thing to do.

Earthbeard
15-03-2008, 15:22
I tend to either play Death Guard or Emperor's Children the most, but have a massive model range for undivided too.

Mojaco
15-03-2008, 15:35
See the project log in my sig. I am currently building the Pantokrator's Fallen Men, a mish-mash of renegade Marines from all over the Maelstrom and surrounding sectors. :)

NB: Pantokrator is Greek. It means 'Lord of All Things'. ;)

Consider it stolen for our 40k roleplay :)

Kurisu313
15-03-2008, 19:17
I have a loyal space marine chapter of my own devising. After accidentally finding a daemon weapon, the third captain and his company become corrupted, the chaplain revelling in bloodletting for khorne, the librarian dabbling in tzeentch's ways, but overall an undivided company.

I just wish there was two of me, so I could play loyalist versus renegade :)

Outlaw289
15-03-2008, 19:41
Iron Warriors. I have about 250 points of them (not much I know). What makes them enjoyable is that they're not Chaos worshippers, but bitter warriors who defy the Imperium and harness the powers of Chaos without falling victim to them. They're among the hardest soldiers in the galaxy if you ask me, and I like their "shoot em to hell and stomp the leftovers" siege-assault doctrine.

advinius
15-03-2008, 20:24
I have played Iron Warriors in the past, and likely will do so again, whether or not they have their own rules. Love their background and such.

Also, i'm just about to get stuck in on an all-infantry Alpha Legion force, Because I like their brand of Heresy too.

Pitalla Crimson
15-03-2008, 20:36
Thousand sons all the way.

nooobie 69
16-03-2008, 01:02
beasts of chaos (if we have normal chaos and deamons in fantasy why not beasts of chaos in 40k??)

but they are basicaly khorne with goat heads and no armour on thier arms

Koryphaus
03-04-2008, 01:03
I bear the Word of Lorgar, the Bearer of the Word.

Drakon
03-04-2008, 01:13
Im guessing my answer is cult traitor legions as im building a death gaurd army and a fallen (khorne based) army.

So which one does the fallen fall under?

i guess its who you ask really

Culven
03-04-2008, 01:21
I have recently started a Tzeentch worshiping Chaos Space Marine Warband. I call them Disciples of Change. Unlike the Thousand Sons, they embrace mutation seeing it as a blessing of Lord Tzeentch and proof that all things change and stagnation will lead to defeat. They also hate the Thousand Sons since Arhiman cast the Ruberic, essentially choosing to deny the blessing of Tzeentch and choosing the path of stagnation. The warband will welcome any who accept that Tzeentch determines all that will happen and those who fight against change must be destroyed.

To reinforce the theme, all of my multi-model inits will be nine models (Marines, Chose, Possessed, Raptors, Havocs, et cetera). I also use mutations to identify special models. Aspiring Champions all have a mutation of some type, all Chosen are mutated, Raptors are all made with the wings from the new Possessed set, I will add additional units of Possessed (their random ability is also determined by the Architect of Fate ;)), and I have Obliterators (one of the ultimate examples of change) in the army. The leader of the warband is Zarkhul, Evangelist of the Disciples of Change, Daemon Prince of Tzeentch.

Sister_Sin
03-04-2008, 01:33
I played World Eaters almost exclusively for many, many years, but in the past year I've shelved them for the most part. I've got Black Legion too, but they never really caught my attention well and I don't have all that many of them.

I'm three quarters through 'Legion' and it has piqued my interest in the Alpha Legion, so I may have a go with them. If I began to build Chaos armies again it would be either Alpha Legion or Thousand Sons.

Sister Sin

Count de Monet
03-04-2008, 01:49
Have:

Sons of Horus
World Eaters

In progress:

Word Bearers

In pipeline:

Sons of Taurus (renegade Hashut worshippers)
Tzeentch renegades
possibly Nurgle renegades or Death Guard.

Skirnak
03-04-2008, 01:56
I play Emperor's Children, although my army is in limbo at the moment.

zendral
03-04-2008, 02:13
All is Dust.....

Do a bit of night lords on the side. Ah how I miss daemonic visage and +1 to cover saves......Terrorizing imperial guard and tau....joy!

recceboy
03-04-2008, 02:26
I have a Black Legion Company complete that has been fielded over the years, then wanted to add some colour with a Comp (-) of Thousand Sons, Emp. C ,Nurgle, and to top it off my most loved Khorne Force One. Which is 4 squads of 20 Bezerkers, backed up with 15 Khorne Termies (Not Fielded in last battles). It will have to be the Khorne Force..............:)
Can never have too much Chaos.

Lord Inquisitor
03-04-2008, 02:41
Emperor's Children.

Any surprise I voted for "Cult Legion," BL?

dviking
03-04-2008, 07:34
Although I voted for Cult Traitor Legions, I use my Iron Warriors more these days. At the end of the day, I still prefer Death Guard.

macattac
03-04-2008, 15:39
Iron warriors, mostly because I loved them before the new codex and I still love the, and partly because I love the bacground story, that I can understand Puebertos motives of wanting to kick Regal Dorn in the balls.:D

lol, Huza (inside thing, 42 posts)

boogle
03-04-2008, 18:29
I Play Renegades - Alpha Legion and Cult - Berzerkers