PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria OFFICALLY ANNOUNCED!

Stormtrooper Clark
14-03-2008, 22:14
http://www.unlocktheminesofmoria.com/

Two new classes have been revealed - The Warden and Loremaster.

Drogmir
14-03-2008, 22:56
I thought Lord of the Rings online was kind of boring....

The only thing they got right was that they thought out the lore very well when integrating.

Ozorik
14-03-2008, 23:03
I quite enjoy it, it plays better than WoW. Getting traits is a real grind though.

Deamon-forge
15-03-2008, 09:20
if they made the game better i would play it, i got it the week it came out and played for 5mins so much lag, etc and uninstaled it and never played it again, but it is good to see that they are bring expansions out for it.

Cypher
15-03-2008, 10:53
Id say try it again. It's more "adult" than WoW: you really benefit from taking time to enjoy what is a very impressive RPG. Power-levelling to the cap and then going for "phat lewt" isnt what this game is about. Im thoroughly enjoying it.

As for the expansion: sounds very cool. Thorin's Hall is gorgeous, so an entire zone's worth of Dwarf Halls ought to be amazing. Lothlorien should also be impressive.

Only six months to wait.

mistformsquirrel
17-03-2008, 20:03
I love the game; I've been playing it for about 2 months now! <@_@>

I thought we already had Loremaster though? Warden could be neat.

To me, its everything I enjoyed about WOW, with none of the crap I didn't. I actually quite enjoy the Traits system as well - it reminds me of Badges from City of Heroes (another game I enjoyed), but with a tangible reward at the end.

Ozorik
17-03-2008, 20:05
Well killing several hundered mobs to get a small stats boost isnt my idea of fun really. The exploration traits are a good idea though.

mistformsquirrel
17-03-2008, 20:29
Most of the time I get my traits just while doing my normal thing in a given area. Like running quests - I'm liable to kill 200+ orcs just running quests in the Lone Lands for instance; its not like I have to worry about actually going out of my way to do it ya know? Only a few mobs end up being like that (like wolves in Ered Luin or Slugs in the Shire) - and you can easily ignore those if you like. <@_@>

biggreengribbly
17-03-2008, 22:26
I'm curious... where was 'Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria' UN-OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED?

*runs*

mistformsquirrel
17-03-2008, 22:49
*smacks biggreengribbly with a baseball bat* >.>

Cypher
18-03-2008, 05:06
Slight OP mistake - the two new classes are Warden and Rune Keeper.

Funny - I was running through Angmar and found a named mob called Grimgore Ironhoof. :p

mistformsquirrel
19-03-2008, 18:16
Hehehe >,>