PDA

View Full Version : questions about lizardmen

rodmillard
14-03-2008, 23:31
okay,

I've been thinking about dusting off my Lizardmen and trying to put an army together (just to play something other than war of the beard - the rematch for a change), and a couple of questions occurred to me:

1) should Slann use the version of Drain Magic from the lizardmen book or the one in the new HE book? Common sense would tend towards the latter, but common sense would say that this should have been cleared up in a FAQ as soon as the HE list came out...

2) are sacred hosts worth it? I currently have a couple of units painted up as spawning of Tlazcotl, and was thinking of making it a sacred host, but I don't know if its worth it...

Hope some lizzy players can help!

theunwantedbeing
14-03-2008, 23:33
1. The lizardmen book. You use the rules in your book, not the rules in another book.
Common sense is neither of the 2 things you listed I'm afraid.

2. Yes...to put it bluntly, they are worth it. No reason to do them of course.

Causa Mortis
15-03-2008, 00:56
Aye you use the drain magic in the LM book (also, i think it's better as you can stop IR...;))

As for spawnings, Tlazcotl is the best IMO, others are good though, like BSoSotek on a JSoD :)

someone2040
15-03-2008, 01:29
Quetzl is by far the most useful Sacred Spawning. Extra armour save for Skink Skirmishers and Saurus Warriors, yes please. Death isn't too bad a lore either for the Skink Priests.

Tlazcotl on the other hand varies. Obviously useful against stuff like Undead, but it means you can no longer flee with your Skinks - a tactic you'd want to use normally.