PDA

View Full Version : Can I get away with this?

jma037
08-10-2005, 02:00
In my witch hunter combat patro list.

Check it out here:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12799

I used two gun servitor with heavy bolters in the retinue of my inquisitor. Instead of having two gun servitor( I HATE the models), I wanted to convert a sentinel into one big gun servitor. I want to combine the stats of the two servitors into one model. ie two heavy bolter, two wound, two S3 attack in combat etc. I plan to mount it on a bigger base.

Can I get away with this without too much opposition? Does the bigger base give me any sort of advantage? or disadvantage? Would you allow me to field this model instead of the two gun servitors? Any suggestion on modeling?

Cheers!

starlight
08-10-2005, 02:39
Have a portion* to represent the *other* wound, otherwise treat as an IG Heavy Weapon base. IE two models on one base. :D Since it's how GW actually models their HWs in Guard forces, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

* something like a removable flagged antennae or the like if you don't want to model something big

Mad Doc Grotsnik
08-10-2005, 19:13
Why not simply pin one of the HBs onto it? That way, when the wound is taken, you can pop it off. Both sides then have a visual reminder, not only during the game, but after, when VPs are being counted.

Puffin Magician
08-10-2005, 19:58
Since, as 'Light said, it's how GW models IGHW Teams, you shouldn't have a problem with having a big model and simply counting it as two models. Just make sure to keep track of wounds/equipment/etc, and as long as your opponent doesn't mind you'll be in the clear.

I'm going to do many of such 'proxy' conversions so I've had to think about representation quite a lot.

jma037
10-10-2005, 00:02
Thanks guys for the ideas. I think I'll pin one of the bolters!

Cheers!