PDA

View Full Version : quick winged vampire question

Negafex
15-03-2008, 21:19
the winged vampire model. i like the model but i really dont like the wing arm, its goofy and really advertised the vampire to the opponent. is it a seperate peice or attached? and if it is would it be easily removable?

thanks in advance

heres a link to the one im talkin about

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=306131&orignav=306131&ParentID=260289&GameNav=9

theunwantedbeing
15-03-2008, 21:21
It's attached..easy enough to remove though.

W0lf
15-03-2008, 21:31
yep. held the model to day thinking about unataching it.

Should be really easy.

EvC
15-03-2008, 23:45
Well, the arm with the wing comes attached separately by the look of it through a blister pack, but I've not held the model in my hand in its pieces...

Mad Doc Grotsnik
15-03-2008, 23:51
It is indeed doable, but you will need to be handy with Greenstuff, as I doubt you can get a very clean cut....

Negafex
16-03-2008, 05:21
im very handy with green stuff(sculpet my own skrag out of a bull and actually looked decent) so its good to know it will be easy to remove. live the model aside from that wing. will prolly sculpt some long hair on it like the guy in the artwork of the vampire court early in the codex

Goldenwolf
16-03-2008, 09:00
If you want wings the 40K metal ones for the Chaos Demon Prince are a great substitution.

Freakiq
16-03-2008, 11:50
The wing looks better in person, indeed the entire model does. Especially if you remove the batlike creature attached to his shoulder.

Ophidicus
16-03-2008, 13:04
I love the wing on that model, but I' not keen on the head or the aforementioned dragon-bat-wotsit (not sticking out of his shoulder at any rate). I call it the William Blake vampire cos it reminds me of this:

http://www.postmodern.com/~fi/morbid/blake_dragon.jpg

Regarding wing-ectomy, there's a cloak on the shoulders that provides quite a neat guide for your saw to cut along, if you have a razor saw it won't be any trouble. The head & left leg aren't attached, the only thing you'll lose is a tiny but of fur.

advinius
16-03-2008, 13:59
I like the look of the wing. What I hate is that there is only one of them. It's incredibly unbalanced looking and thus to my eyes, obnoxious. If both arms were transformed, then I would be all over that model.