PDA

View Full Version : 2250pt peasant heavy tournament list

korskarnkai
15-03-2008, 23:44
Pally - Questing Virtue, Sword of Might, Insignia of the Quest, shield, heavy armour, barded warhorse.

Pally - BSB, Grail Virtue, Virtue of Empathy, Gromril Great Helm, heavy armour, shield, barded warhorse.

Damsel - the Silver Mirror.

Damsel - 2 x Dispell Scrolls.

5 x QK (FC, the Valorous Standard).

6 x KotR (FC).

6 x KotR (FC).

6 x KE (FC).

6 x KE (FC).

20 x MaA (S&M).

20 x MaA (S&M).

20 x MaA (S&M).

20 x MaA (S&M).

10 x Bowmen (braziers).

10 x Bowmen (braziers).

10 x Bowmen (braziers).

10 x Bowmen (braziers).

Treb.

Treb.

Total - 2234 points.

Ok, the idea behind this list is primarily a list that people would have fun playing against, that can still be competitive. The core of the army is the 4 MaA blocks. I'd try deploy them (anchor style) against one flank with the bowmen lined up around 6 inches or so in front ready to flee if need be, and the trebs behind. The 5 knight units would form up the other flank protection/hammer.

The general goes in with the QK obviously who, thanks to the VS ,won't be fleeing anything. The BSB hangs around the back of the MaA lending them his leadership thanks the the Virtue of Empathy.

So I doubt this list will win a GT or anything, but is it simply a speed bump?

Thanks for your time guys!

Kanarten
16-03-2008, 01:25
looks good the only problem i would see is against any form of gunline magic/shooting which woul dmean footslogging to them and if your knights go faster(to not get shot as much) they will leave the rest of the army vunrable.

also this army really relys on those 2 characters if they die its game over really.

but it would still be a good fighting force if you make use of your strengths get lucky with the trebs against the steam tanks/dragons yould be fine

korskarnkai
16-03-2008, 02:42
Thanks for the advice. I can see the BSB being crucial to holding the infantry, but the other pally isn't really that important to the knight unit block since most of them have Ld8 anyway, and the questing knights would have to be very unlucky to flee or fail any Ld test with the VS.