PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Between Two HE 1000pts

redbutskink
16-03-2008, 05:03
Hi. I am a HE player just started WFB. :cool: I have been fine with my spear elvis in low point games, and seems like it is the time to expand more troops. I've been thinking of two 1000pt lists and need advices to make a dicison. Heres the lists.

1. I've been really satisfied with spear elvis accompanying noble equipped great weapon, which can crack up most units in close combet. So I'm thinking about adding more spearelves unit, but also adding Battle Banner on them. Two-top spearelves leading by nobles in center formation, RBT takes fire support, Tiranoc and Ellyrian make flanking charges.

1 General with great weapon, heavy armor, shield, Sword of Might 106pt
1 Battle Standard Bearer with great weapon heavy armor, Battle Banner 202pt
1 Spearmen #19 with full command 196pt
1 Spearmen #19 with full command 196pt
1 Tiranoc Chariot #1 85pt
1 Ellyrian #6 Reavers with musican 109pt
1 Repeater #1 Bolt Thrower 100pt
996pt

2. Everybody said sword masters are best troops and they don't need a character or banner something. So I planned sword masters without character, and by using remain points, add a mage to reinforce magic/anti magic. Still, i'm dobuting swordmaster's effectiveness.

1 General with halberd, heavy armor, shield 95pt
1 Mage Level 2 Jewel of the Dusk 150pt
1 Spearmen #20 full command 205pt
1 Sword Masters #15 full command 255pt
1 Ellyrian Reavers #6 Musican 109pt
1 Tiranoc Chariot #1 85pt
1 Repeater Bolt Thrower 100pt

999pt

Which is the best choice you think? :D

fubukii
16-03-2008, 05:23
1 General with great weapon, heavy armor, shield, Sword of Might 106pt this char is pointless since you must always use the sword of might, Drop it use the gw, give him armor of caledor and a great weapon, with asf why bother with a sword of might?

neither list is too powerful per say but if i had to choose id say list one is probably better vs more enemys. Id probably find a way to drop the reavers and use dragon princes instead much better overal.