PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz speculation

sergentzimm
16-03-2008, 17:57
So what is everyone's speculation as to what armies will come out on top for the Fantasy Ard Boyz events?

3500 points can create a hell of a lot of nasty combinations. For example, you can take the whole clan of the Van Cartseins plus two more characters! Oh and add on a few Varghulfs and a black coach.

So what do you all think about the upcoming tourny's and who you all expect to come out on top?

warhawk95
16-03-2008, 19:50
I think there has been a thread on this already.....

Famder
16-03-2008, 23:15
It is also 15 pages back and nearly a month old. Give the guy a break.

sergentzimm
17-03-2008, 04:54
It is also 15 pages back and nearly a month old. Give the guy a break.

Thank you! I love it when people are lame and say there is a post but dont bother to link it....

On topic:
I am planning on running a second gen slan, a carnasaur and stegadon. I am thinking that lizards should do well with the power and the flexibility to deal with scenarios.

Goldenwolf
17-03-2008, 09:12
At 3500 points all of the magic heavy armies will be better able to do what they need to.

High Elves, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, and VC should all do well.

Famder
17-03-2008, 10:01
I actually plan on going fairly balanced on the magic with my Lizardmen. Only a single Slaan and Priest, but that Slaan will have 25 temple guard and the Totem of Prophecy. US 30 Fear Causers are nice. I guess if I really wanted to I could bust out my Ooooooooold Slaan model and dual wield my magic, but it doesn't seem like what I need for my playstyle.

GodHead
17-03-2008, 11:12
I want to see the VC magic phase that lasts until a miscast.

Maxed characters each with the limit of powerstones. At 3500 points that should be 18 regular dice, and 18 powerstones for a total of 54 power dice. With Master Powers for the +1 to cast, and the ability to increase units, there's no reason not to expect hundreds of additional models after that magic phase. So that army could take half a dozen minimum sized Skeleton or Ghoul units for "raising targets," a Corpse Cart or two just to make it even more effective and then max out on Blood Knights with the rest of the points. Figure 1700 points for the characters, 900 for the Core units, that leaves 900 for Blood Knights.

Yes, that should do nicely. The enemy might even deal with 3 units of Blood Knights at this points level, but they won't be able to grind through 6 units of 40+ skeletons, so as long as the BK inflict some damage, it's an easy win for the Vamp player.

Dux Ducis
17-03-2008, 12:12
lol, but what if that army faced dozens of cannons, mortars, handgunners, etc with heaps of lvl1 scroll caddies?

It doesn't sound effective against everything.

GodHead
17-03-2008, 12:20
Not everything is effective against everything, I just think that would be heaps of fun to try. I imagine even at the Ard Boyz, you'd have other players upset by the indignity of it all.

Too Ard for Ard Boyz?

sergentzimm
17-03-2008, 16:16
Lol too Ard for Ard Boyz? Sounds like you got a problem of whiners who dont know how to power game! If you get beat in an Ard boyz tourny by a rough list, tip your hat. This is going to be fun because it lets us unleash our inner power gamer!