PDA

View Full Version : All work and no warhammer for three years makes Salmon go something something

Salmon
16-03-2008, 20:13
Hello all,
I thought it would be slightly silly to introduce myself when I’ve been registered here for nearly three years, but I suppose one could view this as an introductory post of sorts, as I’ve posted precisely twice (once in a lower level forum which doesn’t contribute to post count) since the demise of Portent on which I made about 1000 medium-turquoise-tinged posts, mainly about thousand sons. I stopped posting essentially due to a waning interest in the hobby and greater demands on time for studying, combined with many of my friends becoming uninterested in it as well, which was amusing, because many of them were wood elf players generally, and their codex was a few months away…

Back then I was a chaos fiend, loving the playing opportunities (read “variety”, rather than, “I took nine obliterators”) the modelling, the fluff and the painting, commencing my 40k career with a World Eaters army (now departed, it was under 3.0 rules) and then an Iron Warriors and a Thousand Sons army under 3.5 rules, while in Fantasy I went for the similarly morally unambiguous race of Dark Elves. My gaming simmered down thoroughly under 4th edition, not due to any objections to the system itself; I never really cared for vehicles in my Iron Warriors and liked the incentive to deploy aspiring champions in every unit that targeting priority provided. Finally, I genuinely cared for the background, Iron warriors units would typically be 9 or 12 men strong, Thousand Sons always 9, even in the case of Rubric Terminators, I even used 9 daemon horror units to balance out my flamers. Nonetheless, I quit the hobby, although, through this website, tried to keep on top of the rumoured army book changes and the new models, most of which I’m quite happy with, even the new daemonettes! (Don’t hit me…please)

All of this makes it rather odd for me, a few months back to have thought to myself “I could re-learn Koine Greek, revise Masoretic Hebrew and maybe learn German in order to increase my prospects of doing a theology-related masters, I could get an internship or job of some kind over the summer in order to boost my CV generally, but instead I’d quite like to collect an army of self-painted, over priced, toy soldiers while being a student in an expensive city with very little free time beyond work and maintaining inter-personal relationships (Quaint how I made the last thing seem like a chore).” My whims clearly do not have my best interests at heart.

With Dark Elves being released maybe this autumn, and my wanting of an army NOW(!), that consigns (Oh Noes!) me to 40k, and I’d quite like to ask people here, given their actual possession of army books from the last three years or so, and knowledge of the state of the hobby socially (Are players still power gaming arses? Are GW stores still full of loud smelly kids? Have the Ultramarines been deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan?), for advice as what to do.

My basic conundrums are: redo an old army, or start a new one, subdivided into continuing Thousand Sons, continuing Iron Warriors, starting Word Bearers, starting Death Guard and the non-Chaos option (shock! horror!) of starting Orks.

Iron Warriors would probably be the easiest for me. Firstly I still have a box or two of them snooping about. Secondly, none of my models were made obsolete by the new codex as far as I know, nor would my standard army need much change (loss of furious charge on Raptors, loss of infiltrate on lord, but beefing in stats, conversion of an infiltrating squad to chosen, maybe some heavy weapon changes on large foot squads, loss of tank hunters on Havocs, combined with no obliterators and few tanks or wargear items iirc means I could have them on the table top shortly) Thirdly, they’re easy to re-paint to a table top standard (I’d quite like to have them less inkey. less shiny and more weathered). Fourthly, I love the fluff and the feel of the army; I believe they capture the grimness, bitterness and outright nihilism that traitor legions should embody perfectly. Fifthly, I’d quite like to play a game with them where my opponent doesn’t grown when I tell them what army I play and then chide me for not abusing it if they start winning, and the thankful nerf that obliterators, las/plas and ordnance has received would allow me to do this.
However, there are problems, firstly, I must question whether playing a largely infantry and slow army would capture my attention again, and whether collecting Iron Warriors once was enough, moreover, in their final incarnation, I feel in rules they will be too similar to their loyalist brethren, and while one gamer’s army does not need individual rules to differentiate it from another gamer’s army, it is quite nice nonetheless, and I don’t want to be playing vanilla Chaos Space Marines; I wouldn’t even particularly care if the special rules were disadvantageous!

Thousand sons follow similar briefs to Iron Warriors, but with the addition of rather different rules to last edition, no longer being bulwarks to small arms fire with minimal firepower themselves, they’re now bulwarks to anti-tank fire with excellent fire power themselves, combined with the (even better!) fluff for the army fundamentally unchanged and a more challenging colour scheme, this would in theory make them a dead-cert for remaking, however, the issue of daemons, loss (am I right?) of Rubric Terminators, lack of concern for the psychic hood problem (again, I’m going on my memory of the rumour thread), not to mention questions as to a cultic legion codex in the future means I’ll keep them waiting for another day. The daemon one hits particularly hard, horrors/flamers lacking some firepower, durability to shooting while also not coming apart like a house made of Doritos in a calm breeze strikes me as unfluffy for the game and a pointless irritant on games workshop’s part, while screamers being absent irks me even more so. Why do these units in Fantasy and in Codex: Daemons get to work like they should but when pared with Chaos Space Marines loose their individuality? I never used daemonettes at all, why should my army’s charm be used to pay for other player’s excesses…*old man noises and rants*

The other two Chaos options, of Word Bearers and Death Guard suffer the same fates thanks to the ambiguities in the Chaotic Codices, while having strong modelling, fluff and painting strengths. Thus, I would not be too happy with playing Chaos at the moment, not due to lack of playing power, marine infantry with bolt pistols, bolters and close combat weapons should send any player salivating at the thought of multi-purpose destruction, but rather due to absences of units like fully fledged plague terminators, varieties of daemons and so forth compelled me to look in a different direction, in a direction I’d never previously considered, towards the Orks.

Orks would offer me new modelling avenues (yay! I get to use my extensive bitz box to full measure, inverted land-raider battle wagon here I come!), a different style of painting (about the only green I’ve ever painted would have been sea dragon cloaks, while all my other armies were clean, no rust or muck to be seen), a different style of playing (noo! Small arms fire does something, but I have a horde of boyz) not to mention a different mentality and style of fluff. On this, I would like to ask several questions. Firstly, how cross compatible are the Ork kits, as I hardly want a pile of units of boyz that all look the same?
Secondly, how convertible are the trucks, I have some rhino carcasses and various other bits from half a decade of playing that I’d like to incorporate, but I’m unsure as to my plasticard converting skills, thus necessitating using trucks as bases?
Thirdly, what future models are set to be released for Orks? Warboss plastic kit, warbuggies, grots basically…
Fourthly, what units should I avoid taking too many off from a balance point of view, I know grots are seemingly underpowered in 4th edition rules, but are there any overpowered units I should steer clear of?

The other questions pertain more to the meta-game, ratios of armies, players of student or above age (anyone posting from the Oxford area wins a psychic cookie), general niceness of players, has the tournament scene declined, separated itself and so forth? Is there no country for old (well, not really, I’m 19) men who want to play for fun and the fluff rather than more expensive chess? Also: how to get cheaper models in the uk, I know of gamer’s warehouse, which looks too good to be true, and am wondering about postage pricing, not to mention any cheaper (is that even possible) alternatives. Also: paint, Vallejo etc.?

1492 words so far? Wtf? How did I write so much crap? Well, I suppose it stopped me writing a boring essay about the water systems in ancient Jerusalem, but pat yourself on the back if you read my inane ramblings and have reached this point. To anyone who cheated and scrolled past this post, I would politely request that you rub yourselves on pub toilets until you get diseases, or just, you know….skim read it…;)

Edit: Holy lesbian numchucks batman! It appears while writing this post that someone else has a similar thread to mine...blast...

Super Ninja
16-03-2008, 20:30
What are you? How did you write all that crap?:confused:

Well, id say try going with the army that you have the most models for. that way you will have a standing army that was relatively cheap to put together. then while you have this army, you can invest your time and resources into the one you actualy want. I sugest, of course, going over each army's background and fighting style, as well as the look of the models.

Thousand sons: tough, fearless infantry with AP3 bolters and iirc fnp. they rely alot on sorcery and magic and are allways devious and cunning, wich can be realy fun:).

World Eaters: the most metal, brutal, straightforward, and astheticly pleasing CSM army. fluffwise go with the older version of Khorne where he cares about martial pride, honor, and not killing civilians because they dont put up a fight, that sort of stuff. The new stream-lined Khorne thats allways "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" and nothing else is kinda dumb if you ask me.
P.S. the World Eaters have their own theme song, It's called "World Eater" by Bolt Thrower. I've listened to it and its not bad (if you're into death metal;))

Orks: silly, goofy, commedy relief of 40K. come in huge hoards of ramskakle, green orks who only want to crush and kill. GREAT conversion and customization opportunities. I also hear that their new codex has some good laughs in it...

Well, that's all I have the atention span to wright. good luck!

Joah_from_Alberta
16-03-2008, 20:33
I think whatever you do decide to do, do it to completion. Otherwise falter to the mired masses of obscurity. It seems like your passion is burning brightly. This is a good time in your life. Many of us enjoy this hobby for it offers riches that you can not obtain in other venues offered in life. Go with what your heart tells you, and be true to the last for only then when the dust has finally settled and all around you a new youth shines will you be able to revel in your lasting accomplishments. And dude, go with Chaos, there is only the fluid of entropy with bubbles of confined lawfulness.

starlight
16-03-2008, 20:43
Too long, didn't read.:p

Orks.

bdo
16-03-2008, 20:58
that made my head hurt... :eek:

iīd say orks.. as you are basically saying that you played different sections of chaos for a long time, and every of them has some "flaws" nowadays.

so go for orks.

something new and fresh, a different style and different minis :)

emperorpenguin
16-03-2008, 21:13
I say Thousand Sons, but I am biased as a Thousand Sons player (ever since the IA article at the start of 2002)

The loss of daemon individuality, screamers, rubric terminators etc hurts, but so too did the loss of our non-frenzied dreads from the IA list.

I put too much effort into my rubric squad (converted Grey Knights) to stop using them, so I run an 8 strong Icon of Tzeentch terminator squad and attach my Sorcerer as number 9.

intellectawe
16-03-2008, 21:17
@Salmon

As you can probably tell, you are too intelligent for most online posters ( by some of the responses ) so save yourself the energy and just get to the point when posting.

I say stick with Iron Warriors since you already have the models. If you don't like foot slogging armies, just buy some Rhinos.

Or if you want to have fun, download some templates for Rhinos and make them yourself!

starlight
16-03-2008, 21:38
@Salmon

As you can probably tell, you are too intelligent for most online posters ( by some of the responses ) so save yourself the energy and just get to the point when posting.

I say stick with Iron Warriors since you already have the models. If you don't like foot slogging armies, just buy some Rhinos.

Or if you want to have fun, download some templates for Rhinos and make them yourself!

Intelligence isn't related to verbosity. :p Getting to the point *is* a sign of intelligence, as well as a sign of respect for your audience.

Go with what you're most likely to finish.:p

jowiczad
16-03-2008, 21:48
Poor Salmon, you really can't put an option like "aardvarks" in front of the warseer community and not expect it to be number one. (I include myself in this, the fuzzy little ant eating legends.)

But I say Orks. They're just fun. I love that Shock attack gun. The model alone is worth the points.

Blagrot Squigbreff
16-03-2008, 22:48
Orks.

Firstly, how cross compatible are the Ork kits, as I hardly want a pile of units of boyz that all look the same?
Secondly, how convertible are the trucks, I have some rhino carcasses and various other bits from half a decade of playing that I’d like to incorporate, but I’m unsure as to my plasticard converting skills, thus necessitating using trucks as bases?
Thirdly, what future models are set to be released for Orks? Warboss plastic kit, warbuggies, grots basically…
Fourthly, what units should I avoid taking too many off from a balance point of view, I know grots are seemingly underpowered in 4th edition rules, but are there any overpowered units I should steer clear of?

See I read long talky stuff.:)

1.Pretty much anything can be swapped with perhaps a little greenstuff or similar to tidy things up.
2.The undercarrage looks hard to convert but I've had no real trouble with the rest of the model although I've mostly been using Tau and guard bits not Rhinos.
3. Not sure, my armies mostly complete.
4. Nothing too bad although a lot of people dislike the special characters - especially Snikrot and Zagstrukk. You might want to avoid the 180 model horde of normal boyz though, it mostly seems to generate tedious games in my experience.

WorLord
16-03-2008, 23:06
You seem to have a good selection of chaos units, so I'd go with a chaos marine force. Maybe you could consider a renegade warband that includes units from various traitor legions. That way you could use your existing armies and add elements from other legions like WB & DG. You would have more painting options and the freedom to try out new color schemes w/o repainting all your models or starting from scratch.

Lord Cook
17-03-2008, 02:49
Well I did read the whole thing, but I must admit I voted for Aardvarks too.

Ultimately, I would recommend collecting a small force of perhaps 500 points or so for Orks and another for Chaos. This will let you get back into the hobby, bring your painting up to scratch again, and give you a feel for both sides. Play a few practice games and then expand on the army that appeals to you the most after you've tried them out a little.

Colonel Kolm
17-03-2008, 03:20
ORKS go green be different then everyone else launch a waaaagh, that being said pick what you really want

jhon
17-03-2008, 04:12
sorry didnt read though it .. i say a mix legion of choas , that way you dont have to buy new model ...

dblaz3r
17-03-2008, 08:02
Definately orkz, go green it is st patricks day you see :)

spaint2k
17-03-2008, 08:32
I voted for Death Guard, simply because Forge World is coming out with some beautiful conversion parts for marines and terminators.

However, it sounds to me like you'd get just as much fun out of the orks, so I recommend you do like I did, and buy both.

Cheers,
Steve

Draconian77
17-03-2008, 10:49
Tyranids...

Yes Im well aware of the fact that it wasn't given as an option.

Stop staring at me...

Angelus Mortis
17-03-2008, 11:33

Or perhaps so intelligent hes actually stupid. An intelligent person would of realized nobody would of bothered to read his ramblings, well, unless they are mega-intelligent themselves. :rolleyes:

Goq Gar
17-03-2008, 11:37
Orks, Orks, Orks, Orks, Orks, Orks- AM I GETTING THROUGH TO YOU!?

Burnthem
17-03-2008, 12:10
Aardvarks FTW!!! :D

Seriously, i'd go Death Guard, possibly Orks but i dont like the whole 'collect the new shiny army bandwagon' thing.

Codsticker
17-03-2008, 15:59
I voted Orks- the codex is the best out of the most recent offerings.*

* even though everyone is doing Orks at the moment.

Necron god
17-03-2008, 16:41
lol i not reading all that, quick skim and i notice the word Orks.... so they wil do:D

Adra
17-03-2008, 17:34
well i know one thing for certain now...i hate turquoise....

GW has no room for the likes of you sonny jim. your too smart by half. therefor, as you are the great past of GW, i shall be the great future in my response...

...ORKS COS THEY GOT BIGUNS....

*and away Adra rides, off on another adventure*

n.b. check that out...post 666...if i was superstious i may be freaked by that...but im not....not at all...nope.... *rides a little faster*.....

0ld1eye
17-03-2008, 19:13
Well... the general conclusion seems to be 'aardvarks'.

Personally, I'd go for either Orks or Death Guard.

JustTony
17-03-2008, 23:05
Aardvarks are fun. F111 "Aardvarks" in 40K? Oh boy, go stupid fast, tree top nape and snake, kill everything on the board in one pass, should cost about 1000 points apiece, cluster bomb template about 3 foot by 4 foot. Wait, there aren't real planes in 40k.

Darn. Sulk, whine.

Seriously, I'd go with orcs. Nice post by the way, clear and easy to read.

Murphy's Rules of War - 1) Friendly Fire - Isn't 2) Guided Missiles - Won't 3) Smart Bombs - Aren't and 4) Remember your weapon was made - By the LOWEST bidder!!

Salmon
17-03-2008, 23:17
Well... the general conclusion seems to be 'aardvarks'.

I think so, even I must confess to the sin of voting for the damned creatures, quite how some warseers were capable of avoiding their seductive mammalian allure and voting for viable options is beyond my puny mind. (Although, unless GW has miraculously changed for the better, Codex: Aardvarks should be arriving before Codex: Dark Eldar and Chaos Dwarves)

I ventured into games workshop for the first time in many years today, and, ignoring the staffer who was trying to brainwash some kids into the hobby by inadequately describing the firing mechanism of a bolter, purchased Codex: Orks and Codex: Chaos Space Marines. I was rather disappointed by the latter codicesí treatment of the more divergent legions (All but Black Legion and Iron Warriors) through the culling of options as a lazy substitute for the balancing of them (something that, obviously needed doing), but, despite my disappointment, am actually rather happy with the way that the Iron Warriors have been treated, that is to say, not at all, no over powered obliterators, no infiltrating raptor mobs of death, no no-brainer powerfists, and might actually have been persuaded to revise my lists! Sure Iíll miss cheap and crap infiltrating lieutenants modelled large to distract opponents, but the moving of dreadnaughts to elites and the moving of obliterators out of cheesistan to heavy support has more than compensated.

This having been said, I am surprised at Codex: Orks, and can really see why so many people (according to this thread and poll) both are collecting them and voting for them, by the dark gods (make that Gork and Mork, actually) they are fantastic! So much fluff! So many rules! It may make my posting style look like the epitome of brevity, but for a child of 3rd edition, this is a revelation. However, being indecisive, this is not enough to make it a dead-cert, so, Iíve come up with a nice bi-partisan solution that, rather than embracing unity, embraces bi-polarity, and thus I think Iíll repaint my Iron Warriors, buy one or two more rhinos, and maybe a terminator squad, and start fielding them as soon as possible, while at the same time collecting an Ork horde from scratch, but further input on the questions I previously asked as to the general state of the hobby would be much appreciated.

P.s. For those who couldnít be bothered to read on account of my irritating writing style, well, irritating them; Salmon cracks joke at Aardvarks and Dark Eldar; Salmon buys both codices; Salmon sort of likes both for Orks and Iron Warriors; Salmon resolves to start former and reform latter; Salmon thinks all is well; Salmon is tired of being Bob Dole

Draconian77
17-03-2008, 23:34
"Friendly/Fun" games are still easy to find and I would say that the best games are those with friends. Friends play friends for fun, sometimes with a competitive edge but mostly for the chance to see something amusing happen in a game of statistical improbabilty. Advice would be get a good 6x4 table and cover it in about 40+ percent terrain. (Any vehicle with a little bit of cotten wool dyed black becomes terrain but Imperial vehicles are best used this way.)

However, its not all sunshine and lolipops(Oh dear Hive Mind, strike me down...) The tournament scene is still full of powergaming lists and RAW players. On the one hand it is nice to know that there is an alternate and easily accessible style of play out there but on the other hand you can get sick of fighting the same army builds over and over again. (I assume you have been perusing these forums and have become quite familiar with the terms Tri-Falcon/Nidzilla/Las+Plas spam and the 180 boy Ork horde)

On a note Im from Ireland so I have no idea how the English clubs play but over here the clubs are full of "fun" games. No 60 Genestealers for us, but 60 Ripper Swarms is an altogether different matter.

I still vote Tyranids...

Damn the rest of you and your laughable excuse for sentience!

Lord Cook
18-03-2008, 02:19
I actually find Salmon's posts to be refreshing. Considering that we're normally surrounded by such flagrant assaults on the English language as 'txt' speak, it's gratifying to see that individuals are still capable of the coherent use of words like 'epitome' and the term 'bi-polarity'. You can even use semi-colons! And in the right places!

Carry on dear sir.

To get back on topic, I don't think you should let the fact that Orks are very popular at present get in the way of you collecting them. New armies will be released and the bandwagon will move on to new and sunny pastures. What matters most is that you have an army that is both interesting and challenging, with great potential for the future. Obviously my natural instinct would be to suggest Imperial Guard, but as you are an unenlightened fool, you have chosen to consort with traitors and xenos. Alas. With these limited options, I would suggest Orks.

JustTony
18-03-2008, 14:47
P.s. For those who couldnít be bothered to read on account of my irritating writing style, well, irritating them; Salmon cracks joke at Aardvarks and Dark Eldar; Salmon buys both codices; Salmon sort of likes both for Orks and Iron Warriors; Salmon resolves to start former and reform latter; Salmon thinks all is well; Salmon is tired of being Bob Dole

It's nice to read a clearly written, literate post, as yours prove to be. Post early and often Salmon.

Peace: through superior firepower.

Vanger
18-03-2008, 15:53
One thing is for sure. Salmon knows how to express his feelings without the use of smileys, that deseves kudos ;) (See I had to resort to such tools)

And I like to read long structured posts :)

But to post on topic: I voted World Eaters. Not because I myself am mulming about doing a WE themed chaos army (and here I correct myself; I'm thinking about expanding my existing Chaos Space Marine army painted Iron Warriors) because they are red, cool and hacky, wacky, slashy. There must be something about the colour red... (hm... if I paint 'em red, means dis dat dey'll go fasta? 'cuz den dey r da best fo' a foot sloggin' army of spiky boyz...) or something :D

Things I also took into consideration:
- Rule of cool: Khorne is cool, red is cool, geneticaly engineered, corrupt superhumans with honking big chainaxes are cool. Only Samuel L Jackson can be cooler
- No more Mr Cheesefest: In the 3.5 CSM codex Khorne and WE armies were prone to cries of cheese, but not anymore. Nobody nowdays cries cheese at you because if you play Khorne (well... maybe if you tell them with a pokerface, that your basic bolter toting marines attack 3 if charged :evilgrin:)
- If I understood Herr Salmon right, then he has already a seizable chaos army and bitz so re-painting, expanding the army wouldn't be that hard and wouldn't put that much of a strain on his pockets, because with all the new models coming out for Dork Elves in fantasy he better has some money on him then, or he has to sell his soul to the Devil (or maybe spend some organs).

Cheers

Vanger

Um yes, another note for the reader. I wrote all that in the knowledge that Herr Salmon already decided on expanding his Iron Warriors and start Orkz in the same time.

P.s: Sadly I cannot comment on all other questions as I'm not living in sunny Albion, thus hungarian meta-game observations wouldn't be of any help to enlighten Herr Salmon

KeeganKatastrofee
18-03-2008, 15:56
I love the last poll option because in band, the kid next to me always writes:

A!A!R!D!V!A!R!K! on our music

lol

boogle
18-03-2008, 16:00
Orks will offer you the most modelling possibilities of all of the above listed, go for them is what i would say.

Lord Cook
18-03-2008, 16:31
I'm not living in sunny Albion

Sunny!? Have you ever visited England sir? The last time I saw the rugby pitch on campus it had a lake in one corner.

SquishySquig
18-03-2008, 16:37
:skull: I read both of your posts and thought they were well written, however I voted Aardvarks as well. I can't imagine starting an army based on a poll. Comments from well written posts sure, but certainly not a poll. Personally, I am an ork player and can't understand why anyone wouldn't play orks, but I feel the best option is to do what you did and get the codex's and read them which is really the only way to form a usefull opinion. I think building an army with what you have to get playing and to slowly build up an ork army the right way is a great idea and one that should work well.
I can't help you on how the gaming scene is now where you are at, but I am of the belief that things don't really change. That being said though it shouldn't be too hard to frequent a game store/club and find like minded individuals to get games in with. Go to a few and hang out and watch games and just chat.
As for all the ork questions. I haven't gotten the new trukk kit, but I have reworked rhino's and as long as you have a dremel or similar rotary tools, a bit of plasticard, and a lot of imagination you really can't go far wrong. Check out www.the-waaagh.com for some conversion ideas.
New models rumored to be coming are: Deth Koptas, Nobz (probably non mega armoured and with flash gitz bitz) and grots. The battle wagon has been rumored to be on the way for a long time and it may happen. Every one want's a plastic warboss kit and I can't see GW not doing it sometime soon.
Ork kits all are quite compatable and Fantasy orc kits look good mixed in as well with minimal work.
As far as overpowered units, I will agree with the above poster if you are worried about cries of cheese from strangers taking special characters like, Ghazkul (spelling?) Zagstruk, and Snikrot will probably not be good ideas. Though Zagstruk and Snikrot both have disadvatages that I feel more than compensates for any bonuses they confer. Most lists will contain Storm Boyz and Lootas so too many of those units in a list might get cries of cheese too, but I wouldn't not take them, just don't go crazy with them.
Anyway best wishes. :skull:

Vanger
18-03-2008, 18:16
Sunny!? Have you ever visited England sir? The last time I saw the rugby pitch on campus it had a lake in one corner.

Jawohl mein Herr! :D Sorry for not being able to make you feel the sarcasm in that statement.

Ah btw I loved that Batman line Salmon! :D

0ld1eye
18-03-2008, 18:22
SquishySquig has a point. Just go for the army you like the look or feel of, either flufftastically or in modelling terms. Otherwise, you're just collecting someone elses favourite army.

Salmon
18-03-2008, 19:07
Firstly, a few things to clear up, I apologise for the confusion.
Don't think that I'm actually going to be acting on the base of the poll, I merely added it at the last minute before I posted because I find myself clicking in threads with polls in more frequently than those without them, sometimes merely to vote in the poll; think of it as the internet forum equivalent of Ďsex sellsí; I mean, I even voted for aardvarks. Aardvarks!

Iím not going to be doing world eaters, nor is there an option for them, I gave them up before the arrival of 3.5 and no-longer possess the army, nor do I even particularly like Khorne anymore, in fact, itís my least favourite of the chaos gods, no offence intended, nor am I very happy with the treatment of the legions beyond Iron Warriors that are present in the poll, having had more time to dwell on it and formulate arguments pertaining to the new codex.

Iíve also had some time to go through some lists and construct unit configurations for both Iron Warriors and Orks, and Iím leaning towards a bit of everything in the latter (bar special characters, which I never took, and storm boyz, due to neither being particularly inspired by the models nor possessing sufficient imagination to devise reasonable conversion opportunities) and may get around to typing up the lists and posting them in respective tactics threads or the army list forum. Youíve all been very helpful, and I also thank you for various encouragements as to posting style, although youíll regret it when it has turned out that you have merely encouraged me to post ten thousand word irrelevant epics in every forum, thereby dooming Warseer. Woops.

P.s. Lord Cook, I am sending some blue sky patches down river to you, but I fear they will not reach you before darkness descends; so much for sunny Albion.

Edit: Have posted Iron Warriors list, if anyone is interested in viewing it, it is here: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97097&page=22

Pitalla Crimson
18-03-2008, 19:29
I am a thousand sons player and thus I would tell you to play thousand sons but really I think you should go with the green mob.

Their new rules are just superb, you shouldnt miss em and they could be the orks from the Salmon Clan!

Note: make an orkish salmon design for your clan.