PDA

View Full Version : Amazon DOW unit

rodmillard
16-03-2008, 22:13
Okay, as mentioned elsewhere I am planning on dusting off my lizardmen. I also have a Mordheim Amazon warband in storage, which I would like to use in combination with them.

Now, I could just use them as a hireling wizard and a unit of duellists; however I have vague recollections of rules in WD for an actual amazon DOW unit, including rules for a serpent priestess character. Does anyone know where I can find these (preferably as a PDF but I am prepared to buy back issues if neccessary).

Anvilbrow
16-03-2008, 22:36
I have those rules and can check to see which issue of WD they were in. There were also rules for a unit mounted on cold ones, plus the lore of the jungle.

They may also still be on the website somewhere under the Lustrian rules.

Bregalad
16-03-2008, 22:38
It was in the WD for the Fantasy summer campaign "Lustria", don't know the number at the moment.

Ethlorien
17-03-2008, 00:06
I want to say 274, 276, something like that. I've got the second half of the article printed off somewhere (cold one riders and frenzied amazons). But I'm still missing the first half of the article with the basic unit and the priestess character.

SilentTempest
17-03-2008, 00:26
I'm not sure if it's the one you're after, but:

In Australia, our WD308 (August 2005) (main battle report was Wood Elves vs Orcs, and there's a 40k Chaos army on the front) has a Warhammer Chronicles article on Amazons. There are rules for the Lore of the Serpent, a Serpent Priestess, and Anakonda's Amazons. It then goes further to describe how to make an Amazon army that counts-as a DoW army. The rules are geared for Lustra too (they talk about Jungle Fighting rules).

Hope that's helped. (Although if you're not in Australia, I have no idea how Australian/US/UK/other WDs compare to each other from month to month)