PDA

View Full Version : content of GW's basilisk tank kit

melevon
16-03-2008, 23:18
hi,
I was wondering wich sprues come with an actual imperial guard basilisk tank and if you can build a full chimera out of them. I couldn't find it anywhere and my only source the IG Collectors guide suggests that as it says :"you need chimera sprue b,c,d,e and ch.accessory sprue" in addition to those two from the basilisk... so i was wondering if all these are included as I could get some unpacked basilisks kinda cheap but only need chimeras at the moment...

thx
:confused:

Gensuke626
16-03-2008, 23:50
As I recall, the Basilisk comes with Almost everything you need to make a complete Chimera and all the parts for a Basilisk. Basically, as I recall, it just is missing the turret and troop transport sprue.

superknijn
16-03-2008, 23:52
You cannot make a Chimera out of a Basilisk boxed set, as you miss the above mentioned parts.

Bunnahabhain
17-03-2008, 00:11
If they're cheap, you might as well.

You'll end up with the Earthshaker guns, which nicely sit on their own platform, and if you build the chassis correctly, you can just slide them in and out, so you can slide in a smaller floor, and turn the same chassis into a salamander, or a griffon with a heavy mortar.

However, without the full troop compartment sprue, you can't make a chimera, or an official looking hellhound.

centy
17-03-2008, 00:40
get them cheap and order the extra sprues then flog of the basi sprues.