PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Monolith(s)

Popidge
16-03-2008, 23:45
I, like many a Necron player before me, have been tempted, and subsequently bought, a Monolith (or two, how could i turn down a Phalanx?)

But now i'm faced with the problem of transporting the huge buggers around when i go play at my local store ar friends house, and i haven't found a good way yet. Normally, i just wrap it/them in plastic bags and carry them in my backpack, however, that isn't the soundest way to go about it (and i have had to reglue the ends my 'Liths Gauss flux arc on a couple of times.)

Anyone else found a novel and safe way of transporting such logistically nightmarish models?

(Afterthought: Kind of a testament to thier sheer slowness ingame that they're such evil things to lug about, eh?)

justatyranid
17-03-2008, 00:31
i have mine in an army transport/motor pool case as it can hold three monoliths.

centy
17-03-2008, 00:44
mate how about a large and deep plastic tool box then glue a little foam inside for padding and keep a bit of extra foam to wedge between the model to stop them bashing against each other.
As long as you keep it upright it shoud work and yuo can carry dice and tap measures in it no hassel.

Victomorga
17-03-2008, 01:22
dude, you have TWO of them. why even start this thread?

use one to teleport you and the rest of your army to your friend's house, and they deep strike the one at your house to your new location.

rookie.

imweasel
17-03-2008, 01:56
I have found that a long comic book box is perfect for 2-3 monoliths. It will fit 2 standard sabol (army transport) foam inserts. I think I use 4 inch ones.

Also, a short comic book box will fit one foam insert.

Where I am it's $5US for a long box and $3.50 for a short.

Victomorga
17-03-2008, 02:22
how do you arrange the foam? i would think you could get 3 monoliths in a small comic box.

Lord Cook
17-03-2008, 02:29
If you think a monolith is bad, try transporting a vulture gunship :(.

Captain Micha
17-03-2008, 02:30
I usually transport my monolith fairly unprotected, I take whatever box I have left over and simply place it within it, and leave the top off so it has some side to side protection. I might make up some paper and tape straps though for the vertical protection *incase it some how flips out of the box*

Norsehawk
17-03-2008, 03:07
I have found that a long comic book box is perfect for 2-3 monoliths. It will fit 2 standard sabol (army transport) foam inserts. I think I use 4 inch ones.

Also, a short comic book box will fit one foam insert.

Where I am it's $5US for a long box and $3.50 for a short.

Very good idea, I hadn't thought of that at all.

syntax234
17-03-2008, 03:27
dude, you have TWO of them. why even start this thread?

use one to teleport you and the rest of your army to your friend's house, and they deep strike the one at your house to your new location.

rookie.

quoted for truth :D