PDA

View Full Version : What Race should I play as?

syntax234
17-03-2008, 00:33
I am currently playing as the Black legion, but I am just kind of getting bored with them and want a new army, so I have beseeched the bowels of Warseer for advice

Imperial Guard: They are my number one choice right now, simply because of the whole "just soldiers" and awesome armor choices. Also, I can expand my army into the Catachans or the Tallarn raiders if I want.

Eldar: Second Choice, but still a contender for my buy. I like the firepower and look of the vehicles.

Dark Eldar: I would choose them if they had more selection and they were a more organized force than a bunch of feuding, sadistic cabals. While I know they are coming out with a new codex for them, I want the new army NOW.

Vaktathi
17-03-2008, 00:38
If you want an army that will be extremely competitive and win alot and has cool looking tanks, go with Eldar.

If you want cool fluff and a ton of dudes with some cool looking models, and don't care too much about being super competitive, go with IG.

If you want an army that needs to be played down to a razors edge but can unstoppable, play DE, although they have crappy models for the most part.

syntax234
17-03-2008, 00:39
P.S. does anyone know where to buy the infantry for the steel legion? because when I go on the US site all they have are the heavy weapons teams.

Vaktathi
17-03-2008, 00:42
The online store may not have them right now as I believe they are still reorganizing it, however they should be back at some point.

syntax234
17-03-2008, 00:45
The online store may not have them right now as I believe they are still reorganizing it, however they should be back at some point.

thanks. if that is the case, I probably will play as IG, simply because of the unquestionable awesomeness of the Steel Legion

Hicks
17-03-2008, 01:00
thanks. if that is the case, I probably will play as IG, simply because of the unquestionable awesomeness of the Steel Legion

Quoted for truth. I suggest you check out eBay and bartertown, as well as the trading forums here first, before you give your money to GW though (if they ever bring the range back).

Drakon
17-03-2008, 01:01
I have to say IG as well they are the best for conversions and there are soooo many choices.

Lord Cook
17-03-2008, 02:35

While I love the SL and have many of them myself, I wouldn't recommend starting an army now. They are not available in stores, and there are strong indications that they won't even be available on the internet for much longer (that's if you can even still get them now). They are horrendously expensive, difficult to convert and eBay is very unreliable with regard to SL. Decent models show up rarely.

It's sad because I really like them, but IMO their time has passed.

Johnnyfrej
17-03-2008, 04:17
It's sad because I really like them, but IMO their time has passed.
At least until the new IG codex comes out at least. :D

-Private Jon

Vaktathi
17-03-2008, 04:23
At least until the new IG codex comes out at least. :D

-Private Jon

unfortunately, that may be about the same time they decide to bring back Squats at this rate. I was a junior in high school when the current book came out, I'm in my last semester of undergrad study now. :cries:

logosloki
17-03-2008, 07:39
go the guard, impressive horde armies are good, especially if you have the armour driving behind it to back it up.