PDA

View Full Version : The Pro's and Con's of all the teams.

studderigdave
17-03-2008, 01:04
i will prolly never play a game of bloodbowl, but that doesnt stop me from wanting to paint up a team just to have in CASE i do start playing, so im looking for a link to another site or just someone with some free time who can point out the pro's/con's of each team, as well as rating them on a scale of 1 (least) to 10 (most) according to the pure fun factor the team is, im not really converned with winning, just having fun, but winning a few games would be coo as well.

thank s in advance.

the anti santa
17-03-2008, 20:13
Well it's pretty hard to do this as everyone has a different idea of fun.

Some like lots of passing and dodging, others want blood and some just want sheer mayhem.

Saying that, in my opinion the most fun team in LRB5 is Goblins, they can take 4 secret weapons (6 if you have cash or inducements for stars) and Throwing Team mate is always cool, they also are deliberatly hopeless so even scoring a TD or causing a casualty is a cause for celebration. They are also expected to try and pull every low down dirty trick in the book to win.

Halflings and Vampires would also be high up there as they are a lot like Goblins in some respects. Humans are the most versatile team so you can develop them to suit your own tastes too. But chaos, rotters and skaven can take mutations which add an extra element of interest to them.

least fun I'd say were Khemri. Personally I'm not a bit fan of Orcs and I know a lot of players would place Dwarfs as the least fun team, but they do have access to chainsaws, bombs and the Deathroller which can be a laugh.

studderigdave
17-03-2008, 20:37
i was thinking of goblins anyways, i remember someone telling me a while ago that playing goblins is the way to go if i want just pure anarchy and mayhem. i think im going to go with the goblin team.

thanks

TheLionReturns
18-03-2008, 02:03
Well as has been said depends what you mean by fun.

You have your wacky teams such as goblins with their crazy secret weapons. Also any team with a throw team mate capability can be pretty funny.

Of course you have you teams that play what you could describe as "beautiful bloodbowl". These are primarily the elf teams, especially wood elves and to a lesser extent skaven, where you can try for and pull off outrageously risky passing/running manoeuvres. This is perhaps not the way to play them most effectively but sure is fun when they work. Even when they fail it can be pretty funny if you succeed in all the difficult stuff only to fail one last 2+ dodge roll or go for it.

Personally I find the teams that slowly grind their way up the pitch like dwarfs, chaos, khemri and orcs a bit dull, and its not solely because I'm bad at it. However, if you delight in causing damage to your squishy opponents then I guess they can be pretty fun.

There are also teams that are more flexible. Humans fit this bill, as do undead (with their hitty mummies and rapid ghouls). I enjoy playing these teams as you can switch styles in game.

In the end fun in bloodbowl is about attitude, both yours and your opponents. It can be an incredibly frustrating game when a bad roll ends your turn early and everything goes wrong. If you embrace such events with good humor and see the comedy in your wardancer failing a rerollable dodge with a double 1 falling over and breaking his collar bone you will get on fine no matter what the team.

Overall I can't speak highly enough of the game and am pretty sure you'd enjoy whichever team you choose.

Krootman
19-03-2008, 04:27
Well as has been said depends what you mean by fun.

You have your wacky teams such as goblins with there crazy secret weapons. Also any team with a throw team mate capability can be pretty funny.

Of course you have you teams that play what you could describe as "beautiful bloodbowl". These are primarily the elf teams, especially wood elves and to a lesser extent skaven, where you can try for and pull off outrageously risky passing/running manoeuvres. This is perhaps not the way to play them most effectively but sure is fun when they work. Even when they fail it can be pretty funny if you succeed in all the difficult stuff only to fail one last 2+ dodge roll or go for it.

Personally I find the teams that slowly grind their way up the pitch like dwarfs, chaos, khemri and orcs a bit dull, and its not solely because I'm bad at it. However, if you delight in causing damage to your squishy opponents then I guess they can be pretty fun.

There are also teams that are more flexible. Humans fit this bill, as do undead (with their hitty mummies and rapid ghouls). I enjoy playing these teams as you can switch styles in game.

In the end fun in bloodbowl is about attitude, both yours and your opponents. It can be an incredibly frustrating game when a bad roll ends your turn early and everything goes wrong. If you embrace such events with good humor and see the comedy in your wardancer failing a rerollable dodge with a double 1 falling over and breaking his collar bone you will get on fine no matter what the team.

Overall I can't speak highly enough of the game and am pretty sure you'd enjoy whichever team you choose.

hahaha last weekend my warewolf rolled a 2 to pick up the ball 3 turns in a row vs lizzys :( hahah