PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of Blood Angels

rcm2216
17-03-2008, 04:46
What are some of the pros and cons of an all jump pack assault Blood Angels. What would be needed to help this army be viable.
What are some of the pros and cons of Blood Angels in general.

jhon
17-03-2008, 05:15
over charge engine, jump pack squad as troops choice : pros
death company : cons

rcm2216
17-03-2008, 05:21
Why is death company a con............. explain

deathwing_marine
17-03-2008, 05:25
Escalation.
Once at a local tourney I completely raped an all jump BA army with my Dark Angels in escalation. To death.

rcm2216
17-03-2008, 05:26
yikes, did you take terminators, I did not see that one coming, I guest you would have to do a lot of shooting first.

deathwing_marine
17-03-2008, 05:32
One squad of terminators with an assault cannon. At least 4 plasma cannons. 2 Land Speeders with MM/AC. The thing is I had the majority of my guns on the table, but he had to roll for reserves.

1500 point Omega Secure and Control. 3000 Victory Points to me.

Just look at my sig. I love plasma cannons :D

Blueshift
17-03-2008, 05:37
all jump BA is hard to manage, especially against other CC armies like khorne/orks/bugs

my friend collected an all jump BA and got creamed a lot. we all had a good chuckle at his expense before he was sent back reeling to his ork codex. :D

==Me==
17-03-2008, 05:55
Pros:
-Relatively inexpensive (only one box to buy, just lots of them)
-Very mobile (12" move and DS)
-Good in HtH (regular marines kill infantry, PF Sarge handles the rest)
-Honor Guard and Vets
-Death Company
-Lemartes (very good for the points)

Cons:
-Limited numbers (you're looking at almost 350 points per squad)
-Same resilience as normal marines (double the cost)
-Assault Marines just don't stack up against dedicated HtH units (Banshees, Genestealers, Berzerkers)
-Lack of long-range firepower
-one trick pony

That's all I could think of, hope it helps.

jhon
17-03-2008, 06:12
Why is death company a con............. explain

not saying that they dont worth the pts you pay but it just too expansive even with those goody . their close combat abilty is almost same as the vet squad so does the pts cost and the movement speed [ personal veiw ] . but the vet squad has the option to have some special weaponry which give them better shooting abilty . also , remenber unlike third ed , the death company is not free , you have to pay 30pts per dude . over all i m not saying death company is junky but i will take it as a draw back more than an advanage , but if you dont like death company just dont take a blood angel army .. .

centy
17-03-2008, 06:36
Mate i use ba's and love them as they suit my style of play.
Assault troops with tanks
my 2k list is

Dante, not the best but great with other units around him.

furious dread some support, gets little use a bit of a waste.

4 death co in a rhino i only get 4 as they are free and the rhino protcts them from most incoming fire as other tanks are more important. rhino acts as a mobile road block once the dc get out.

2x 10 man assault squads with power fist and 3 plasma pistols.
try to keep them in cover till they get to attack, jump into cover if you need to the losses are only small.

5 man tac combat squad in a lascannon razor back with flamer plasma pistol and power weapon and melta bomb. these guys sit back and shot at stuff tanks of hard troops that are about to be assaulted. later in the game if a assault squad is in trouble they will come in for support.

2 attack bikes with multi melta. turbo up and go for the tanks. They are also good for shooting terminators from range.

2 multimelta assault cannon landspeeders similar to the bikes but better. only take 1 squad of 2 so as not to push the cheese.

2 baal preds 1 bolter 1 flamer sponson setups. generaly go for overcharged engine and move to hunt the enemy good allrounders. assault cannons are good on tanks and troops.

honor gaurd maxed plasma pistols and power fists to support dante. maybe drop the furiouso and get lots of melta bombs if you expect tanks.

GodofWarTx
17-03-2008, 07:35
my BA turned from charge-heavy shock troops with sniper support to sit back and shoot troops....just like my ultramarines.