PDA

View Full Version : Orcs: Help Me Determine What Stays and What Goes

fhelvie
17-03-2008, 05:44
I inherited a LOT of my friend's old WHFB Orc Army after he found out a bought the BFSP boxed set and liked the Night Gobbos that were in it. Problem is I have WAY too many models and need to downsize. If you don't mind my asking, here is the laundry list of what I currently have. Can you make me the best possible list for an army of no more than 1500 points? I've never played Orcs and really don't know what's the best to go with. What isn't used will most likely find it's way over to the For Sale section :)

Thanks all!!!

GOBBOS= 166
FANATICS= 2
ROCK LOBBA= 1
SNOTLING PUMP WAGON= 1
SNOTLINGS= 1 BASE
SHAMANS= 1 MOUNTED/ 1 FOOT
WARBOSS= 1 MOUNTED
SPIDERS= 10X BFSP SPIDER RIDER/ 9X OLD METAL SPIDERS W/O RIDERS
ORC BOYZ= 72
SAVAGE ORC BOYZ= 28
ARRER BOYZ= 17

I do have some Beasts of Chaos models that I could use (i.e. trolls, ogres, dragon ogres, etc, etc) as DoW. BUT I really don't want to buy anything new for this army.

l1ttle
17-03-2008, 06:40
I'd say you won't need all those spider riders. The old 9 metal spider riders could go away. The 10 spider riders of BfSP should be split in to 2 units of 5

You could use the trolls form you're beasts of chaos.

Lennart.nevanoja
17-03-2008, 12:22
I think that you should have a block of bore riders and the general, thy are nasty as hell. I agree with l1ttle it is not necessary to have more then 10-12 spider riders. Spear chuckas is a very good choice and may cause some chaos.

fhelvie
17-03-2008, 15:38
Yeah... I was sort of thinking about getting rid of the OOP Spiders.

Any other suggestions about what to keep and what to get rid of?

fhelvie
18-03-2008, 23:14
Anyone else?

Id'git Thwompa
19-03-2008, 03:11
you will want to turn the orcs into 3 units of 20 (at least 25 is the best but...) one snotling swarm is quit useless with the new "crumbling" rules. if you are going to take trolls i would suggest you take an black orc boss and add him to the unit (or keep him close by) stupidity is hard on a non lord level orc character's leadership though so be careful. The savage orcs should always be used in 6 accross (for maximum attacks) , they can be one unit of 24 or 2 units of 12 (depending on how you want to use them)

WhiteKnight
19-03-2008, 03:39
Make one unit of Orcs big 'Uns so you can own some people in CC with good str and WS. Also, utilize those savage orcs. They can dominate in close combat as long as they don't get pelted with bullets, arrows, and the occassional magic missiles. For war machines, keep the rock lobba and pump wagon. They are killed and are just plain fun. The Arrer Boyz are very solid because they have choppaz and bows so you can do decent in shooting and can dominate in CC. Downgrade the warboss to a bigboss and just ditch the snotlings, old spiders, and you'll probably be close to 1500. If you want something more hard-hitting, consider picking up some Black Orcs. They're plastic now and they can own even a Heavy Cav unit like black knights or those dumb Knights that Brettonnians use all the time. And I mean all the time.