PDA

View Full Version : 2250 O&G army

fizzywig
17-03-2008, 06:36
my first build of aorc and goblin army i am starting, i did my best to keep it pretty balanced with anice solid core of troops and a decent magic phase.

Black Orc Warboss, Ironback Boar, Heavy Armour, Shield, Ulags Akrit Axe, Umms Best Boss 'At: 268 pts.

Black Orc Big Boss, Boar, Heavy Armor, Shield, BSB Mork's Spirit Totem: 180 pts.

Night Goblin Shaman, Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin: 135 pts.

Night Goblin Shaman, Level 2, Dispell Scroll, Magic Mushroom: 130 pts.

23 orc boyz with shields, Full Command: 168 pts (general goes here)

23 orc boyz with shields, Full Command: 168 pts (BSB goes here)

25 orc boyz with 2 choppas, Full Command: 175 pts

24 night gobbos with spears, 2 fanatics, full command: 166 pts

24 night gobbos with spears, 2 fanatics, full command: 166 pts

5 wolf riders with bows, musician:71 pts

5 spider riders, musician: 71 pts

orc boy chariot, extra orc: 85 pts

orc boy chariot, extra orc: 85 pts

8 night goblin squig hoppers: 120 pts

2 spear chukkas: 70 pts

goblin doom diver catapult: 80 pts

troll: 40 pts

total 2249 pts

l1ttle
17-03-2008, 16:42
if I were you I should make you're second shaman a lvl 1 wizard with two dispel scroll aka script ciddie. This is for you're magical defence. For you're First shaman you should not take the Staff of sneaky stealin. This isn't really effective with this low rate of Magic Power. You should take 2 Magic Mushrooms and Nibbla's itty Ring. This gives you just that little boost for you're magic you need.

The next thing is that you should never take a Standard Bearer in A Night Goblin unit. There Ld is to low. This means it's very likely they will flee. That are just some nice points for the enemy. You should infest the points in Netters, Netters are very usefull cause it gives the enemy a -1 strength when you roll a 2-6 on a D6. With one It will get among you'll get a -1 strength penalty. You use this in every round of combat

crouchingotter
17-03-2008, 16:51
Sorry to be the one to point this out, but your Orcs with 2 Choppas and Full Command are actually 205pts.

l1ttle
17-03-2008, 16:54
Ow and I forget, You should also try to fit in a unit of Back Orcs. And put you're General in there. There is going to be some more muscle in you're army. Next to that. 1 troll is Useless. It suffers stupidity and with a Ld of 4 the chance is to big. The extra orc in the Boar chariot aren't really needed. When you charge the Impact hits are almost enough. Then Mork's Spirit Totem isn't really going to help cause although you tried to balance you're army the magic phase is to weak. You should get the War banner. Some Arrer boys or a unit of (Night) Goblins with bows on a hill will be very effective. I mean 20 arrows atleast on the enemy.(in the case of goblins then.) I hope this will help you create a good army. Good Luck

fizzywig
17-03-2008, 18:00
why in the world would i put my general in a unit of black orcs? not that black orcs aren't good (a little point expensive for my taste. i would rather have 2 regular orcs.) but i would lose the benefit of quell animosity keeping an orc unit moving. as for the troll he stays near the generals unit and gets a leadership of 9 (although to be honest i;m not convinced on him i just had 40 points left over to fill)

Why would morks spirit totem not be good it adds an ungodly amount of magical defense with morks spirit totem and the staff of sneaky stealin' in my opponents magic phase i have 9 dispel dice and my opponent loses one of his casting dice. admittedly im only running 6 powerdice

but i think i see your point with the night gobbos.

if i remove the champion and standard bearer from the night goblin units i have 32 points use 30 of them to correct for my miscaculation on the boy unit, and i have 2 remaining, remove the troll and replace the spears for bows on one unit of night goblins and remove the extra boy from the chariots and that gives me enough points to give each night goblin unit netters. Oh and i also can bump each gobbo unit up to 25 so i just have the shamans sitting outside of the units so they dont have to deal with animosity.

so the modified list looks like

my first build of aorc and goblin army i am starting, i did my best to keep it pretty balanced with anice solid core of troops and a decent magic phase.

Black Orc Warboss, Ironback Boar, Heavy Armour, Shield, Ulags Akrit Axe, Umms Best Boss 'At: 268 pts.

Black Orc Big Boss, Boar, Heavy Armor, Shield, BSB Mork's Spirit Totem: 180 pts.

Night Goblin Shaman, Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin: 135 pts.

Night Goblin Shaman, Level 2, Dispell Scroll, Magic Mushroom: 130 pts.

23 orc boyz with shields, Full Command: 168 pts (general goes here)

23 orc boyz with shields, Full Command: 168 pts (BSB goes here)

25 orc boyz with 2 choppas, Full Command: 205 pts

25 night gobbos with spears, netters, 2 fanatics, musician 189 pts

25 night gobbos with bows, netters, 2 fanatics, musician: 164 pts

5 spider riders, musician: 71 pts

orc boy chariot: 80 pts

orc boy chariot: 80 pts

8 night goblin squig hoppers: 120 pts

2 spear chukkas: 70 pts

goblin doom diver catapult: 80 pts

total 2250 pts

Conotor
17-03-2008, 22:16
For the first list:You have WAYYYYYYYYYYY to much magic defence. On about 1/3 opponent, it will all be useless due to them not taking magic (like me).

Gobboes with nets own. Drop a few fanatics for nets.

warlord hack'a
19-03-2008, 18:49
your warboss is only 244 points, not 268, so that gives you 22 points. This should buy you a standard in the night gob spear regiment. Now I know what they say about night gob's and standards, but let's put it like this: if you are willing to invest in nets then also invest in the standard as you are turning your night gob unit into a fighting unit.

I suggest you make the archer unit a support unit, give them 2 or 3 fanatics and no nets, they should not be fighting anything except enemy light units.
Then boost you nigh gob close combat unit, give them a standard, 2 fanatics, nets and boost up the unit to 30 models or so. You maybe even want to consider ditching the spears and just sticking with hw shield but that is up to you.
a single troll is very useful, it's only 40 points, causes fear, regenerates, is a deployment choice and can really annoy the enemy by standing in the way, redirecting charges and meybe even kill something.

as for your magic.. your defence is good, but I doubt whether your offense is good enough to punch through the enemy defence. I myself stick to the rule of either 1 lvl 1 scroll caddy or obe lord wizard and 2 or three hero wizards, anything in between is a waste of points a lot of the time.. Mor's spirit totem is great by the way..

If you decide to ditch one shaman then you have points for either another BO big boss, or a goblin big boss with the surprise kit (wolf, wollopa's and the bauble), but this is more a fun unit than it is effective...

but for the rest a solid list!