PDA

View Full Version : 2250 lizards come back from the dead

soulstealer666
17-03-2008, 06:50
right im thinking about going but to basics ie my first army in fantasy and trying to make them a little harder or atleast more fun to play with :)
im also going to use a sacred host and see what happens

old blood @469
spear
light A
Blessed Spwn sotek, itzl, tepok
enchanted S
aura of quetezl
venom of the frog
carnasour

skink preist 125
sotek
2x D. scrolls

skink preist 115
sotek
cube of darkness

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

18 saurus warriors 266
full command
sotek

18 saurus warriors 266
full command
sotek

5 saurus cav 195
champion

5 saurus cav 195
champion

8 chamelons 126
stalker

4 power dice 5 dispel dice 2 scrolls 1 fancy scroll

the idea is the warrior blocks go in the center with the cav on the flanks then the OB gose on another flank or in the middle of my blocks (keeping the screens there if there is any shooting) the chamelons will go and harass war machines and small units that they can deal with, the SP's are there 1stly to scroll caddie and then to turn into angry bears and eat more small units when they get to close or hit my main line and then they flank them with the cav (they both go in seperate skink units)

for my skinks cos they all have Bls Spwn of sotek im thinking about jav and sheild so they get poison in cc (20 attacks S3 with an angry skink preist is a cool idea... i think) aswel as shooting but i dont know

any sujestions welcome just dont rip me apart if it sucks but by all means do help cos i will probly need it

WeeDawgNYC
17-03-2008, 07:10
for my skinks cos they all have Bls Spwn of sotek im thinking about jav and sheild so they get poison in cc (20 attacks S3 with an angry skink preist is a cool idea... i think) aswel as shooting but i dont know

army list look ok but you dont get poison in cc. (h.weapon & shield) only Javelins & blowpipes get poison...sorry

soulstealer666
17-03-2008, 07:13
army list look ok but you dont get poison in cc. (h.weapon & shield) only Javelins & blowpipes get poison...sorry

thanks for the quick reply

opps lol should have been more clear... by dont rip me apart im meant dont tell me its crap and then not how to fix it

realy oh ok then my bad about the poison thingy

Conotor
17-03-2008, 11:36
still take the shilds. They will help you alot in combat.

Id say you should replace the cav with kroxigor. With this many skinks it will help a lot. If you don't, give one of them huanchis.

Why does your oldblood have poisin? It kinda sux. Give him scimitar, blade of tzumki, or a burning blade.

The_Dragon_Rising
17-03-2008, 15:43
Sotek is one of the worst spawnings for the reason that skinks suck in combat and the only good things in combat, saurus, krox, etc either are slow and therefore wont get the charge or cannot get spawnings.

Dead Man Walking
17-03-2008, 22:24
Saurus warriors with a spawning become special, with 2 spawnings they become a rare selection. You have 5 special selections.

soulstealer666
18-03-2008, 02:25
im also going to use a sacred host and see what happens

Saurus warriors with a spawning become special, with 2 spawnings they become a rare selection. You have 5 special selections.

this is why im using a sacred host :)

Heinrich Jäger
18-03-2008, 03:27
You need to include the special hero which is not on your list. It is compulsory. I was actually planning on the Red Host too.

And yes skinks are not the best thing in cc but I chose armies based on flavor. The Red Host has that in spades, like most armies.

soulstealer666
18-03-2008, 03:43
its not the one from the 'lustria' book

just the one in the WD issue 300 or online at this address

http://uk.games-workshop.com/lizardmen/sacred-spawnings/3/

is there anything realy wrong with the army (aside from the magic item on the OB im getting around to that) or have i fluked a good themey list with ok ish playabllity

soulstealer666
19-03-2008, 04:19
heres the 2nd draft i muffed up the points on the warriors in the opening post so its been changed here hence the lack of new stuff

old blood 498
scimtar of the sun
light A
Blessed Spwn sotek, itzl, tepok
enchanted S
aura of quetezl
carnasour

skink preist 125
sotek
2x D. scrolls

skink preist 115
sotek
cube of darkness

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

10 skinks 70
Bls Spwn sotek

18 saurus warriors 276
full command
sotek

18 saurus warriors 276
full command
sotek

5 suarus cav 175

5 suarus cav 175

chameleons 120

anarnii
19-03-2008, 14:56
thats a better, in case your interested, if the carnosaur joins a unit of saurus cavalry with unit strength 5 or more it can get look out sir, which might be useful if your carno receives alot of attention.

soulstealer666
19-03-2008, 19:47
thats a better, in case your interested, if the carnosaur joins a unit of saurus cavalry with unit strength 5 or more it can get look out sir, which might be useful if your carno receives alot of attention.

realy!!! that was going to be my next question "how do i stop unwanted cannon balls?"

good to know anything else that i may need to look out for JSYK im used to playing with 3 blocks of 20 (4x5) and a second gen slann in the middle so this is a bit out there for me :) lol

anarnii
20-03-2008, 01:12
no more rule insights im sorry to say, i really like your list, i like the fact you havent shyed away from using saurus regiments, the only thing i would do, is to make a unit of skinks scouting and use the other points to get 3 terradons, might work better, at least in my experience. its 2 less wounds for the unit, but extra toughness, and extra attack, and hit and run.

but if you feel chameleons have worked well in the past keep them lol