PDA

View Full Version : quality over quantity(help a tramatused player)

the blind knight
17-03-2008, 11:04
Well i recently finished my horde 1000 points of empire and 500 points of tau fire warriors heavy army.So I will contuine exapanding my Tau army but i also want a small side project for fun.So as you can see i am used to my models droping like flies so i REALLY need a change.What is the least amount of models you can put into 500 points of warhammer and still retain some usefullnes.Basicly my plan for a 500 points army would be:

-A tooled up charcther with a minimum of 2+ save,3 atacks at ws 5 and strenth 5 OR a powerfull wizard(level 3?)

-14 elite troop infantry choices(better than greatswords)

-5 heavy cavarly OR 2x light cavalry

So what army best represents this list?

Frankly
17-03-2008, 11:41
Quantity has a quality of its own. Stick with Horde ;) .... or go chaos all cavalry.

Jagosaja
17-03-2008, 12:04
Go for High Elves. For 500 points you can just about manage to assemble the exact force you need. Say, a Noble with Armour of Caledor, obligatory archers, a unit of 8 White Lions and 5 Dragon Princes, for a total of 498 points.

Bretonnian Lord
17-03-2008, 12:22
Lizardmen sound good.

Scar Vets can be fairly cheap in points cost yet devastating heroes.

Saurus Infantry are hardcore, base Str 4 and T 4 and with cold blooded they're hard to scatter.

And Saurus cavalry are pretty devastating if they get the charge.

SilentTempest
17-03-2008, 12:59
The obvious low-model count army is Ogre Kingdoms, I'd say. Don't really have cavalry in the traditional sense (although Yhetees have M7). You could regard the Ironguts as your version of "hard hitting heavy cavalry" (mainly because they hit hard, not because they move any faster), and the normal Bulls are tough for a core choice (although the lists I see tend not to favour Bulls. Maybe they're not good value for points?)

HE are a good bet too though.