PDA

View Full Version : equiping an ork warboss on wyvern

broodjeork
17-03-2008, 15:45
hello everyone

ive been busy making myself an ork warboss on wyvern and its getting along pretty well. i have just one problem, how im a going to equip him????
there are lots of different options from expensive to not so but still expensive options, but im wondering wich one is best.
so if any of u have good suggestions one how to equip or use the wyvern please let me know.

personaly i was tinking of something along the lines of
shagga's skreaming sword ( +1 a and +1 str for every enemey character within 12 inch)
best boss hatt ( 5 + ward save)
and enchanted shield for a total of a 3+ amour save

wich comes in at 151 for the warboss
200 for the wyvern
and 95 for the magic items, a total of 446 pts

Id'git Thwompa
17-03-2008, 16:31
that is always a fun set up (especially when facing dwarves as they cluster all their characters together) here are a few set ups i always liked using

kicking boots/best basha, enchanted shield, best boss 'at .... this is for a base reliable warboss, increasing his WS , I , and S as well as an additional A not hugely powerfull, but he will always be this

my other favorite set up (not including the screaming sword) is to put porkko's pigstikka, kicking boots, and best boss 'at this gives him a base 5 strength 5 attacks off the charge with the attacks of the wyvern added he can take on a lot of stuff, however if he hits the front of a unit , he will have 8 strength 5 attacks plus the wyvern allowing you to get through all that nasty combat res you will be facing.

Peril
17-03-2008, 20:52
I take the Akkrit Axe (always - rerolls are way better than extra attacks), and the Gnashas (Killing Blow). Everything else is just to taste. I have a lot of problems with Terror causing monsters and such, so I take the Collar of Zorga. Da Plan is to KB the rider (if there is one), then whack the monster who can only hit me on 6s.

Jack of Blades
17-03-2008, 21:00
What's the point in Porko's Pigstikka?
Charge at the flank/rear, Pigstikka doesn't take effect. Charge at the front (:wtf:) and it takes effect?

Uhm... dubious item.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
17-03-2008, 21:17
Savage orc /w pigstikka on wyvern with kickin boots
=
4+1+3(frontal charge) S6 attacks from the warboss alone..

Urgat
17-03-2008, 21:32
You could equip your ork with a c, to start on the right track :p

Jack of Blades
17-03-2008, 21:37
Savage orc /w pigstikka on wyvern with kickin boots
=
4+1+3(frontal charge) S6 attacks from the warboss alone..

But what does it help? every one of those attacks will need to wound, and that's for negating the rank bonus. Why not just charge the flank or rear instead?

broodjeork
17-03-2008, 21:46
ok there are some nice lay outs here, like the pikstikka one, though that item is better used in a unit. though on the model its going to be a black orc. so no savage frenzy for me. but i really want him to be a monster that can only far well against other characters but also can there units to shreds, from the side/rear preferebly. the ting that interested me about the basha he most was not only the steengt but also the attacks.

if there to characters nearby then that will be 6 strengt 7 attacks.
but im also really tempted by the boost/gob items.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
18-03-2008, 13:54
But what does it help? every one of those attacks will need to wound, and that's for negating the rank bonus. Why not just charge the flank or rear instead?

Help? It would be very fun :D
But seriously, if you could get something to charge alongside it, it would be pure pwn.. But in other cases, fun :chrome:

Braad
18-03-2008, 18:09

The good thing is that you can even charge on turn 1, while if you want to flank, it would probably take at least one extra turn.

I really like the screaming sword. Also, the armour with +1 toughness can be really nice, though a little expensive.

cuc_maluco
21-03-2008, 21:46
Hi guys. I'm just another(?) kamikaze O&G player :p I like to play my Black Orc Warboss on Wyvern with the expensive weapon(i dont remember the name)
I remember once my general smacked an unity of 40 dwarfs alone :D

broodjeork
21-03-2008, 23:22
Hi guys. I'm just another(?) kamikaze O&G player :p I like to play my Black Orc Warboss on Wyvern with the expensive weapon(i dont remember the name)
I remember once my general smacked an unity of 40 dwarfs alone :D

now thats the way to do it.

but personaly i was thibking of dropping the enchantet shield and go for guzzla,s battle brew, role a d6: 1,2 = stupid 3/4 = hatred of all enemies 5/6= hatred of all enemies + frenzy

now how awesome would that be if i rolled a 5/6 with 2 characters nearby, 7 str 7 attack with rerole to hite on charge

cuc_maluco
22-03-2008, 15:56
Hi guys in my previous post i meant to say Warboss Ironclaw's Waaagh! Cleava
That single weapon and my all night long luck with those mad dices screwed an entire unit of 40 dwarfs :P i don't remember which type they were but they were though as hell

Shamfrit
22-03-2008, 17:34
To be honest, there's no need to give your Boss anything other than Armour of Gork, it gives you an extra fifty points to mess around with, since you're a terror causing flying attack pounding monstrosity as is; the Armour makes it very, very hard for anything to hurt him, especially when you consider randomization too.