PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Hoods

Mawchild
17-03-2008, 16:53
Ok just a quickie. If a librarian is wearing a psychic hood with associated neural wiring how does he wear a helmet? I've never seen a mini of a Librarian with a helmet on yet surely they must be able to wear them. If not then it would be impossible for Librarians to fight in vacuum or other noxious/difficult atmospheres or conditions eg. dust storm, blizzard etc. Is there some sort of localised force field that surrounds their heads and preserves the integrity of their power armour? Also how do they get the targeting displays and other readouts provided by the helmets ocular HUD?

Sorry its such a pedantic query but important for short story.

Cheers

PondaNagura
17-03-2008, 16:57
there would probably be couplings built into the helmet so that the wires could go through the helmet and into his cranium; maybe more towards the back of the helmet. and there definitely are minis with halo/helmet in the marine range.

TheBigBadWolf
17-03-2008, 21:00
The can definatley wear helmets, and there are models to prove it, i have one, its one of the librarians that were replaced by the newer ones that just came out, there is a pic on p54 of Codex SM, its the model i own, but GW got rid of them with the new release.

different13
17-03-2008, 21:23
Anyway, don't non-helmeted marines have a localised force field that stops vacuum from choking them, etc?

DantesInferno
17-03-2008, 21:25
Ok just a quickie. If a librarian is wearing a psychic hood with associated neural wiring how does he wear a helmet? I've never seen a mini of a Librarian with a helmet on yet surely they must be able to wear them. If not then it would be impossible for Librarians to fight in vacuum or other noxious/difficult atmospheres or conditions eg. dust storm, blizzard etc. Is there some sort of localised force field that surrounds their heads and preserves the integrity of their power armour? Also how do they get the targeting displays and other readouts provided by the helmets ocular HUD?

Sorry its such a pedantic query but important for short story.

Cheers

Yes, Librarians can wear helmets. These two spring to mind:

PondaNagura
17-03-2008, 21:36
localized forcefield? not to my knowledge, although there is one of the organs implanted that makes marines secrete these oily sweat that might protect a marine's skin from exposure to a vacuum...though probably only for limited durations.

Inquisitor Feldenhaus
17-03-2008, 22:34
Yeah, the localised forcefields are real, why else would space marines as great as Helbrecht, Marnues Calgar, and Lysander fight with out helmets. I really just think it's the marines preferance, and as far as I know, the forcefield protects them in a vaccuum just like a helmet.

Hideous Loon
17-03-2008, 22:52
Or, the helmet might not have a back-end, so that it is more like a mask, and does not interfere with the Libby's 'hood. It could snap to the 'Hood's front end, giving the Marine heightened vision and the ability to breathe in hostile environments, but still enabling him to have wires connected to his brain.

Kandarin
17-03-2008, 22:57
If they can afford to build psychic hoods, they can afford to build helmets designed to interface with psychic hoods.

Mawchild
18-03-2008, 09:48
cheers i know it seems a stupid question and that with normal space marines its just a question of preference but you see so many minis of Librarians without helmets (that just sounds so wrong) that it got me wondering.