PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Army of Chrace

Anaris
17-03-2008, 22:16
Thought and comments please.

Archmage w/Lvl 4, Annulian Crystal, Ring of Fury and Power Stone.

Mage w/Lvl 2, Elven Steed, Seerstaff of Sorcery and Dispell Scroll.

Korhil w/White Lion Chariot

BSB Noble w/H.Armour, Shield, White Sword and Talisman of Loec.

10 Archers (Using Glade Guard models)

10 Archers (Using Glade Guard models)

Lion Chariot

Lion Chariot

Lion Chariot

15 White Lions w/ Full Command, Skiensilver and Lion Banner

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Dead Man Walking
18-03-2008, 00:26
This list will get trashed quick. You have no infantry breaking units, its all chariots which means any str5+ attacks they cant really deal with well. Cannons and characters with str 7 great weapons smack them with one wound. Archers have small chances of actually killing any thing in a game, and you can forget wounding anything with toughness and armor. One unit of white lions won't cut it. Spearmen will take you a lot farther, at least one unit of them.

I personally am trying out a list with 3 white lions units with 17, 2 chariots, 1 spearmen (with korhil in it for stubborn 9) with 17, great eagle, 10 archers, level 2 mage, bsb with gem of heothe to make him a lvl 1 mage and 3 ogre maneaters (using lion models). Thats 5 stubborn units. It works very well, it has speed and killing power, it just doesnt have shooting strength. I am fiddling with the list to see if the maneaters are replaceable.

WhiteKnight
18-03-2008, 03:16
I think that Dead Man is right. A single unit of white lions can't cut it. If you're playing against brets with lance formations, forget those white lions. No armour saves allowed and they hit on 2's, not to mention flank charges. You need about 2-4 units of white lions at least 15 strong and then a unit of spearmen at least 20 strong. What you should do is look at the army. You clearly don't need 3 chariots that will get flanked and dominated in close combat.

Dead Man Walking
18-03-2008, 11:14
With Khorhil he has 4 chariots. I know they are pretty models and they do have the potential of kicking butt on the charge, but when charged they suck. WHitelions are better, I put a character on a steed in a unit with champ that is 7 wide. Charging or charged there is nothing sweeter than swinging first with 10 WS5 STR6 attacks and decimating anything that you run into.

ginger gobbo
18-03-2008, 21:37
take korhil off a charot a cannon shot or bolt thrower will take it out with ease
3 units of white lions
2 chariots
korhil on foot
1mage level 2
prince noble battle banner the d6 extra combat res
and hav 2 units of sea guard exact same job as archers and fight in ranks for combat
shud do for a good army
:D

The Old Scholar
19-03-2008, 05:23
Can you have the Power stone--arcane item--and the Annulian Crystal--arcane item--?
I'm not sure about this, so you may want to double check.

Anaris
28-03-2008, 10:08
Well I changed my list somewhat after thinking about it:

Archmage w/Annilli Crystal, Ring of Fury and Dispel Scroll
Korhil w/Lion Chariot
Noble w/Halberd, H.Armour, Great Eagle and Radiant Gem of Hoeth
Noble w/BSB, H.Armour, White Sword and Talisman of Loec

10 Archers
10 Archers

19 White Lions w/Full Command, Skiensilver and Lion Standard
3 White Lion Chariots

2 RBT's
Great Eagle

Played my 1st game last night against and Orc and Goblin force which was roughly:

Grimjaw on foot leading 20 Black Orcs
Orc Big Boss on boar and Orc BSB with Spirit Totem, both leading 20 Orcs
Lvl 2 Goblin Shaman with Scroll and the 'eadbut ring.
10 Sppiders Riders
25 Goblins
2x2 bases of Snotlings
6 Bolt Throwers
2 Giants

Battle went roughly as follows:

White Lions and a Chariot smashed into the Orc Boyz, BSB and Warboss and ran straight through them.
Noble on Great Eagle basically spent the entire game charging, killing and overunning from one Bolt Thrower to the next.
Black Orcs and Grimjaw got an IF on Hand of Gork and charged the White Lions, but as Grimjaw and lost both his Magic Items to Vaul's Unmaking at this point and a combination ASF from the White Lions, saw them loss the combat badly.
Orc Bolt throwers bagged themselves an Eagle and the Giant that didn't die in turn 2 to shooting chased a Chariot of the table.
Korhil and another chariot hit what was left of the Black Orcs in the rear and Korhil died in the challenge, next turn Grimjaw bit the dust.
Giant then killed some Archers, Spider Riders charged the other Archers in the flank and failed to catch when they fled, the turn after that they charged them (this time in the front) and the Archers got lucky and killed all the spiders the fighting rank, the rest legging it.
From turn 5 onwards, it was pure tidy up with Chariots getting rid of the Goblin unit, and the remaining Giant.

High Elf Casulties: Korhil, BSB, 6 Archers in total, an Eagle, a Chariot and about 7 White Lions.
Orc and Goblin Casulties: Everything!

All in all, excellent first game and really happy with the army so far.

Von Wibble
28-03-2008, 15:30
I think that Dead Man is right. A single unit of white lions can't cut it. If you're playing against brets with lance formations, forget those white lions. No armour saves allowed and they hit on 2's, not to mention flank charges. You need about 2-4 units of white lions at least 15 strong and then a unit of spearmen at least 20 strong. What you should do is look at the army. You clearly don't need 3 chariots that will get flanked and dominated in close combat.

Errr..why do Bret's hit on 2s?

Definately agree that more whilte lion units are needed, and some spearmen. At that size army 2 x 15 WL and 2 x 20 spearmen is about 600 points (allowingfor the fact you alreasdy have a unit) Your archers, rbts and 1 lion chariot are also about 600pts - you have magic so don't need shooting so much.

I thought halberds were foot only? Even if not the lance is better as it can be combined with a shield and provides a bette charge. An eagle rider is pretty dead in subsquent rounds so teh +1 S there is of little consequence.

Old Scholar - Power Stones and Dispel scrolls are exceptions to the rule- you can have as many as you want within th points limit, plus your 1 arcane item.

Destroyer of Eternities
22-04-2008, 07:09
I don't see why you want so many chariots in the army. Sure they pack a pretty big punch when you get the charge but if they get charged themselves there toast.

i would second the previous post. 2*15 WL and 2*20 spearmen are a rock solid centre that only costs about 600 points.

Also why doe you see the need to put korhil in a chariot it's a waste of points and as you see he will get minced in a challenge. i ould put him on foot and spend the points on another unit of WL

Anaris
22-04-2008, 11:20
Well I really like the style of the army and for me it plays well. So far it's record is 2 Wins, 2 Losses and a Draw. The draw was against a Vampire army with about 16 Power Dice and the 2 Losses were to a very beardy tournament Chaos list where everything other than 3 units of Marauder Horseman and Giants was Flying, so I simply couldn't catch it to fight it.

Well like I said, I like the style of the army and it's not one you'll see often, just like my Wood Elves, not a single Forest Spirit model or HoDA in sight and it does fine as well.

@Destroyer: Do you go to GW Falkirk?

ginger gobbo
22-04-2008, 15:40
you need more white lions
and dont put korhil in a chariot if a cannon ball hits him hes so dead

Destroyer of Eternities
22-04-2008, 17:07
Yeah Anaris i do go to the falkirk GW

W0lf
22-04-2008, 17:17
Korhill on foot gets you 9 lions to acompany him ... :P

WhiteKnight
23-04-2008, 03:49
Errr..why do Bret's hit on 2s?

I met wound on 2s. Sorry for the typo. Oh and don't forget, -2 to armor.

Anaris
23-04-2008, 10:35
you need more white lions
and dont put korhil in a chariot if a cannon ball hits him hes so dead

Not quite, if you put Korhil on a Chariot and it gets hit by a cannonball, then on a roll of a 6, Korhil is dead, otherwise, you just lose the Chariot, and that's when Korhil goes and joins the White Lion unit.

Destroyer of Eternities
23-04-2008, 14:59
but are you sure u want to take tht chance

Amornar
23-04-2008, 19:34
Or you could just stick him in a unit and get a "Look out sir" roll

wascloud
23-04-2008, 20:29
Yeh but the look out sir role is also a 1/6 chance of korhil getting hit. I actually like the list. Plays the way I think high elves should, very aggresively! Although I would be quite tempted to try and fit some more infantry in, maybe drop the archers in favour of spearmen. Apart from that I like the list
good luck
wascloud

theunwantedbeing
23-04-2008, 21:03
Nice list, if it works then it works so no need to change it.
I'de look to dropping korhil for some more troops though.
You could get an additional unit of archers for his cost and a few more white lions to the big units.