PDA

View Full Version : Running DKOK Standard Bearer Photo?

Binky
18-03-2008, 11:56
Quite a while back someone posted a picture of a running DKOK Standard Bearer that was shown at the FW stand at Games Day 2006 (I Think), though the model was never released.

Just wondering if anyone still has a copy of the photo as I'm intending to convert a DK standard bearer to a running one and it would make a useful reference as I seem to remember the pose looked pretty good.

0ld1eye
18-03-2008, 12:58
This? (http://homepage.mac.com/james.clay/iblog/B233824576/C1679725847/E20070421164439/Media/IMG_3398.jpg)

Not a very good photo, but at least 'tis in focus.

Tonberry
18-03-2008, 13:41
though the model was never released.

Perhaps they're saving it for IA 6, The siege of Vraks part 2?
I'd wait a while for that before you start converting.

Binky
18-03-2008, 15:45
Thanks, that was exactly the one I was looking for!

As for waiting on the conversions, I've already ordered my second platoon command squad so if I don't convert I'm going to end up with a bunch of identical models anyway!

Been holding off buying the second platoon command squad in case FW released a second one, but the stuff in the new equipment packs suggested that they probably wouldn't be.

Also, I think the model in the photo is just a very early test piece and not likely to be released, as it's missing a lot of the details that should be present on the DK standard bearer, looks like it was just knocked up to show off the banner, as that appears to be a WIP of what became the released DK banner.

boogle
18-03-2008, 16:19
sometimes however they release shots of concept models (the Catachan Standard bearer being one), this may well just be a concept model (although it looks really nice, so i wouldn't say no to it actually being released)

catbarf
18-03-2008, 16:45
Don't they have separate arms? Conversion shouldn't be difficult.

Binky
19-03-2008, 09:18
Don't they have separate arms? Conversion shouldn't be difficult.

Yep, arms are seperate and I've got a selection of Mortar\Earhshaker crew arms which will hopefully let me find an appropriatly posed pair, tricky bit is going to be the body, the standard bearer has one arm already attached and a sash that goes diagonally across the body and over part of the legs. So I'll have to cut the arm off the torso and also cut the torso away from the legs while retaining the sash.

Also will need to find a pose where the head of the standard bearer is facing in a sensible direction, as I don't really fancy trying to reposition the head, especially with the gas mask pipe to deal with! Have a fairly good idea of how the pose will work, but wont know for sure till I start getting all the bits in place (hope my order hurries up!)