PDA

View Full Version : Ork looted vehicles

Mercer
18-03-2008, 14:34
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I'm looking to start a Ork army and would like to use looted vehicles. I'm getting the codex soon anyway, but is there any rules for looted vehicles?

Also have folks got any pics of there ork looted rides?

Thanks

Mercer

RampagingRavener
18-03-2008, 14:39
The 'Looted Vehicle' rules from the last codex have been removed. Instead you've just gone one entry in the Army List named "Looted Wagon". It's basicly an open-topped rhino which you can add assorted weapons and Ork vehicle upgrades onto in order to represent various battered, salvaged, and re-built vehicles. It's fairly good for representing most things with a bit of imagination, but they're not regarded as great ways to use your points and HS slots. Personally I like having one kicking around for emergency transporting or hauling Tankbustas around.

Of course, the Battlewagon entry is versatile enough to represent a heavier looted vehicle like a Leman Russ if you so wish. That's how most Orks players, I think, represent their Looted Leman Russ models.

marv335
18-03-2008, 14:39
there is no official kit for a looted vehicle.
there are rules and they're fairly flexible allowing you to use almost anything as a base vehicle.

Huw_Dawson
18-03-2008, 14:41
They have rules in the book, and I'd suggest searching the Modelling forums.

- Huw

Cap'n Facebeard
18-03-2008, 14:42
The old looted vehicles rules are gone, now there are ork vehicles that you could convert other races' vehicles to represent. There is no more Looted Basilisk or such.

I have a looted Leman Russ that my Ork controlled Imperial factory put together backwards, but you'll just have to imagine it. Now it counts as a 'Looted Wagon'.

Mercer
18-03-2008, 14:50
Thanks for the advice guys. I'II hvae a search in the gallery as well.

I'm hoping to get a looted Leman Russ.

Mercer

Irondog
18-03-2008, 15:41
Mercer,

The Leman Russ is a great model, perfect for 'orkifying'. Check it out.

Hyrius
18-03-2008, 15:44
The Leman Russ looks great imo.

Thaiss
18-03-2008, 16:24
Irondog, you've got a great model there.

bobjonesscmooze
18-03-2008, 16:48
i'm very sad my russ and basi arent worth much anymore

nargileh
18-03-2008, 17:12
I just love that flattened gretchin stuck to the threads, sublime modelling!

wickedvoodoo
18-03-2008, 17:25
The only problem with the leman russ as a base for a battlewagon is the lack of troop transport space. This needs to be amended by adding running boards and troop compartments.

I am putting the finishing touches on a looted leman russ battlewagon i am making for a friend as we speak. i will be back up in this thread soon with pictures.

Mercer
18-03-2008, 18:02
Mercer,

The Leman Russ is a great model, perfect for 'orkifying'. Check it out.

That is proper cool, many thanks. Can you tell where you got your resources from? Was it just spare parts from sprues?

Mercer

TheDarkDuke
18-03-2008, 18:17
I would say that the Ork looted wagons/battlewagon's best representations are meant to be: Rhino = Transport wagon, Vindicator = Killcannon wagon, Land Raider = Battlewagon representing SM looted. IG looted are like Chimera = transport looted, LR = Killcannon looted and Baneblade = battlewagon.

Just my thoughts, going on the options of each entry and the models GW is pushing you to buy, more so with the new vindicator and baneblade.

wickedvoodoo
18-03-2008, 19:45
As promised the pics of my battlewagon are now uploaded,

here is a link to the MPT forum thread.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133533

I will put one pic here too though.