PDA

View Full Version : Based on what we know now, (CSM) Daemons scoring or not?

Sepharine
18-03-2008, 16:50
I couldnt find a similair topic with the search function, but would you say Lesser Daemons from Codex: Chaos Space Marines will count as scoring units?
Why the dilemma? They do NOT take up room from the FOC but they DO count as troops for all other reasons. The wording in <...> says that only squads taken from the "Troops allowance" count as scoring.

Ozendorph
18-03-2008, 17:07
They are from the Troops section. They are infantry. In my estimation, that'd make them scoring units. Actually that's a boon for those generic, wimpy critters.

Mojaco
18-03-2008, 17:19
/whinemode/
And another reason why this rule sucks :)
I mean, something that has finally been released in realspace and that can be sucked back into the warp at any moment is going to sit and guard an objective? They'd spend every waking moment trying to kill/mutilate/destroy/etc.

Ozendorph
18-03-2008, 18:01
/whinemode/
I mean, something that has finally been released in realspace and that can be sucked back into the warp at any moment is going to sit and guard an objective? They'd spend every waking moment trying to kill/mutilate/destroy/etc.

"Hey, let's kill those guys and desecrate their corpses. Oh, and let's steal their precious loot marker while we're at it."

Chaos is fickle. It could totally happen.

Sepharine
18-03-2008, 18:41
/whinemode/

Remember kids, khorne is 1 part kill and 2 parts maimburn. They would totally stick around. And ye, if they do count as scoring units they might actually be a worthwhile unit.

cybercaine
18-03-2008, 21:39
The way we've been looking at it for the past month or so is that they can grab objectives. The demons are troops. And they are non-vehicle. So therefore, they can grab objectives. This is doubly important, because small-min. sized squads can grab objectives by deepstriking near to them with percision. And they are fearless, scoring to the last man (demon). So Chaos has access to a lot of scoring, fearless, troops that always have a 5+ invuln.

ReveredChaplainDrake
19-03-2008, 04:10
Though Daemons make for some incredibly easy kills...

Chalk this up as another reason why all Infantry being scoring is a much better idea.

cybercaine
19-03-2008, 04:38
Though Daemons make for some incredibly easy kills...

Chalk this up as another reason why all Infantry being scoring is a much better idea.

I don't think Chaos has much to gripe about for hard to kill troops with Plague Marines, Thousand Suns. . . but whatever. I disagree with the all infantry scoring thing. I hope that it is troops. . . which are supposed to be representative in some way of the common units in the army, but are many times under-represented in various lists. The FO chart doesn't go far enough in my opinion, where as this rule will.