PDA

View Full Version : Easterlings

Leviro
18-03-2008, 18:39
Im curently building an easterling-harad force, 1000 points (500 each army). Ive got 20 easterlings, a captain and banner, and Im thinking of some corsairs, any ideas?

Maynard
18-03-2008, 18:47
easterlings are really cool and some of my favourite evil forces. They're basically minas tirith warriors but far more effective at the phalanx tactic. If I were you I'd have a few more spearmen than what you get in the plastic box. Kataphracts are good but you're missing some hard hitting heroes imo

Pitalla Crimson
18-03-2008, 19:34
Easterlinga are best when combined with haradrim, or at least thats wath I have found out since I mixed both of them.

Here is a basic 750 pts force of wath I usually field:

Suladan on Horse
Hashari
Easterling Captain w shield
and barded Horse

5x Easterling Kataphracts
5x Serpent Riders
8x Easterling warrios w shield
8x Easterling warriors w shield and spear
8x Easterling Warriors w bows
8x Haradrim warriors w spear
6x Haradrim warriors w bows
1x Easterling w banner

Note that I allied this contingents using the LOME rulebook since everyone just whines when you dont use it properly.

MATIJA155
18-03-2008, 23:28
I have a harad army around 700 pts and i must say taht you need half-trolls,
and also this is my first post.

Pitalla Crimson
19-03-2008, 04:07
I have a harad army around 700 pts and i must say taht you need half-trolls,
and also this is my first post

Welcome and stay on topic please, our friend above is asking for help and not on how much points your armie is or wath you need.

Dalamyr the Fleetmaster
20-03-2008, 01:11
take spears lots of spears form a shieldwall with the front rank of easterlings with shield then form a second line of haradrim and then use the phalanx rule to get a third line of spears your archers should be haradrim poisened arrows and you get more of them use suladan to lead your calvalry mix of serpent riders and kataphracts will keepthem on their toes while two captains bolster your shieldwall i would take two banners one fr the phalank one for the calvalry it's a horrible cobination with the easy tactics of the hammer (cavalry) and the anvil (spear block) good luck