PDA

View Full Version : Starting Demonhunters

Ragnor2004
18-03-2008, 19:07
Hey everyone hope this is in the right forum, if not feel free to move it. Well I finished my orks and am now looking for a new army to play, I have decided on Grey Knights, I like the look and the fluff. I think that I will enjoy painting all the detail on each model and making each one a hero. So my big question is where to start I have money saved for the army and would like to get a sizeable force to start out with. I did some ebaying, and found this sethttp://cgi.ebay.com/Demonhunters-Grey-Knight-Army_W0QQitemZ130206745525QQihZ003QQcategoryZ44123 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem its around my entry price rage and i do love the cool dreadnought, but is it a good buy. I would assume the metal models are in good shape and the LR looks good, not to mention the ones that are painted (while i will strip them) look good and would give me an idea of how to do my army. So Yay or Nay or better suggestions on what to start with.

Visionary
18-03-2008, 19:16
Looks good to me but some of it is witchhunter stuff methinks.

Ragnor2004
18-03-2008, 19:28
Yeah the immolator and sisters i'm not sure about anyone know offhand if sisters can be taken as allies for GK? I will look when i get home and have the codex.

Bregalad
18-03-2008, 20:45
I always start with reading the Tactica thread on the army, in this case:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88214

The ebay selection is okay, 1 unit terminators, two units grey knights, one Stern, one Land Raider (FW has nice add-ons), one or two Dreadnoughts (for long range fire, FW has two different ones!) seems standard. Some add an inquisitor retinue, some add an assassin combo or Inquisition guard. Don't know though, if this ebay set is cheaper than buying all you need new.

freddythebig
18-03-2008, 21:16
Yeah the immolator and sisters i'm not sure about anyone know offhand if sisters can be taken as allies for GK? I will look when i get home and have the codex.

Short answer is yes, GK and sisters can ally with each other.
The DH codex states that SoB (WH codex not existing at the time) can be allies whereas the WH codex being more recent states that WH can ally with DH.
Ref. DH codex Page 21 and WH codex Page 25 for rules and restrictions for allies.

Cheers.

Ragnor2004
18-03-2008, 21:26
I think I would really need and assassin, i'm thinking vindicar might not do much but i like the rules, but that means i would need and inquisitor too, i suppose

Inquisitor_Eljer
18-03-2008, 23:12
I think I would really need and assassin, i'm thinking vindicar might not do much but i like the rules, but that means i would need and inquisitor too, i suppose

Vindicare assassins have their uses, but I think you'd find a Callidus or an Eversor a bit more useful on the battlefield. Depends on your play-style, of course, but don't choose an assissin based on the model. Really get to know their capabilities and then choose the one that compliments your play style, or fills a void in not covered by the rest of you list.

Just my thoughts.