PDA

View Full Version : The peasants are revolting!

samw
08-10-2005, 23:18
Or, "playing Brets like a goblin" :p

The list, a peasant horde, can be found here (http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewArmy2.asp?ArmyID=169840)

Thoughts? Feelings? Random abuse? :p

Ganymede
09-10-2005, 05:50
The only way this list is anything like playing with a goblin horde is if you were playing a goblin horde that revolved around an insane amount of magic to the total expense of army aesthetic.

I'd go for a well protected foot BSB, two small units of KotR, A paladin on a pegasus, A prophetess and a damsel, and load the rest with peasants of varrying flavors.

Zeb
09-10-2005, 08:10
I have been toying with an idea like this ever since I first had a look in the Bretonnian armybook.

Imagining the pesants revolting, but led by 4 witches??? Nope.

I would have imagined a strong fighting character as a leader of the bunch. Even tough this might be a competetive list (with 10 levels of magic and 2 trebuchettes) I don't reallylike it. Two KotR units, nope, not with my idea; how would poor people succed in getting that many horses? I would have had only one unit of 6 (with a hero) but modeled out of the Grail Relique Guys. And hte relique? Why?
In my oppinion the list is designed with an aim to win, and then get a "cool" theeme. But with an idea like this Iwould think that it should be the otherway around.

Angelripper
09-10-2005, 12:50
I would swap one KotR and the Prophetess for more Peasents (Bowman spring to my mind) and a good fighting Character as leader of the Revolt. Let him Join the knights and you got a good Army which is competetive and fun to play.
Just my two cents