PDA

View Full Version : Just because I can - a 2000 DE Cavalry list...

Festus
18-03-2008, 21:57
Hi

I would really appreciate your comments on the following DE all cavalry list.

Thanks.

Highborn on Cold One (HA, SDC, Shield, Lance)
- Black Amulet
- Ring of Darkness

Noble on Dark Pegasus (HA, SDC, Shield, Lance)
- Deathmask

Sorceress 2nd on Cold One
- DMS
- Seal of Ghrond

Sorceress 2nd on Dark Steed
- Darkstar Cloak
- Lifetaker

3x
5 Dark Riders with X-bows
M,C, one unit with S

7 Cold One Knights
S, M, C
War Banner

5 Cold One Knights
S, M, C
Banner of Murder

5 Cold One Knights
S, M, C

All in all just 36 models in 2000 points - and 19 of those are stupid :D

Festus

Havesome
18-03-2008, 22:16
Well, it will certainly be fun to play, and to play against. I forsee a lot of trouble with stupidity, but you already know that.

emperorpenguin
18-03-2008, 22:20
sorceress on cold one? why, just why!? :confused:

Violadudester
18-03-2008, 22:24
The list looks ok. I've never been a fan of CoK's, obviously b/c of stupidity, and I find they just don't hit hard enough to bust open units like other races calvalry can. Plus being the cost they are, not worth it points wise imo. I really think you ought to go for a dragon (a manticore at the very least) so you'll have a hard hitting hammer that can ignore rank bonuses, take on units at a time (surgically removing ones you don't like), as well as being a huge support to your other cavalry units. I believe breaking the enemy the first round is key with such a low model count force. The rest of your other characters and units I like though, especially the noble, simple yet perfect for annihilating warmachines.

Festus
19-03-2008, 10:13
Thank you.

Well, I will see if I can include one of the Big Nasties, but probably only a Manticore is possible and even this will see one Sorceress go...

Well, we'll see :)

I built this army originally for 5th and then the Blood Banner was still around, so that the Sorcerer on CO (Yes, he even is male ;) ) could join the unit at the start and was then free of Stupidity.

So I have the model lying around ... and I want to use it as well...

Festus

Conotor
19-03-2008, 11:36
Id say you need the hydra banner on a cold one unit to get some power out of it. Otherwise they are just 30 point fear casuing knights. Get a BSB carrying this in place of a sorsoress.

fubukii
19-03-2008, 15:38
im surprised to see no chariots >.< looks like a pretty cool fun army though.

Uriain
20-03-2008, 03:36
The Key to a DE Cav army (Imo) is having your general (weather Noble or Highborn) and a BSB. followed with 2 lvl 2's with seal/scroll and DSC/scroll so you can get the most out of both sides of the magic phase. BSB Needs the Hydra Banner (as Conotor stated) Because it really helps them break units. I have not play tested it yet, but I am working on 2 Units of 9 (BSB in one Lord and warbanner in other) and 2 units of 5-6 with Champ. 3-4 Units of Dark Riders for flanks, and is possible (cant find my book of army lists) a Hydra to really mess with people ^_^. Charriots are good as well, hit very hard, just makes less room for knights, and they move slower, so its really a personal call on that one

Festus
20-03-2008, 07:32
Hi

Well there are certain different outfits I could try:

1st putting a BSB in the List:

Highborn on Cold One (HA, SDC, Shield, Lance)
- Black Amulet
- Ring of Darkness

- Deathmask

Noble BSB on Cold One (HA, SDC)
- Hydra Banner

- Darkstar Cloak
- Lifetaker

2x
6 Dark Riders with X-bows
M

M

7 Cold One Knights
S, M, C
War Banner

5 Cold One Knights
S, M, C
Banner of Murder

5 Cold One Knights
S, M, C

or 2nd the Lord mounted on a Manticore:

Highborn on Manticore(HA, SDC, Lance)
- Black Amulet
- Enchanted Shield

- Deathmask

Sorceress 2nd on Cold One
- DMS
- Seal of Ghrond

- Darkstar Cloak
- Lifetaker

3x
M

5 Cold One Knights
S, M, C
War Banner

5 Cold One Knights
S, M, C
Banner of Murder

5 Cold One Knights
S, M, C

How about those? Which one do you prefer?

Greetings
Festus

Pontus
20-03-2008, 11:07
Could work, but stupidity might spoil it for you. I run a simliar list, but i have one sorceress infiltrating, and a unit of shades. Also i put the soul shadow standard on the cold ones, which at least gives them an attempt to flee and counter-charge should they act stupid.

Festus
21-03-2008, 12:08
Hi and thanks for the feedback so far.

Yes, I thought about including shades - very much so, I even rationalized that they probably left their Horses somewhere outside the battle area to infiltrate unseen, but in the Fluff they still were mounted :)

But a unit had to go to include them. Which one? This could only be one of the COK units, as the DR are the mandatory core.

Well, you'll never know ...

Festus
Festus