PDA

View Full Version : The Army of Dead and 3 strange vampires

aurelia von paulus
18-03-2008, 22:35
This army was gathered mainly by a lack of miniatures, but is very funny of play and better: the entire army fits in a pocket!

vampire counts 2008 ed. 1500 pts army

General: Vampire hero, etherial (represented by a human model, )
Battlestandard: Vampire hero, etherial (represented by a blonde elf model)
Another dude: vampire hero, etherial (represented by a grudging dwarf)

2 units of 10 skeletons

1 unit of 5 spirit host

1 unit of 10 wights w/ the screaming girl ( converted from night gobbos and skeletons)

Obviously this is not a competitive army list, just for fun

Lordmonkey
19-03-2008, 01:54
Could be funny. I presume your wraith unit would contain all 3 vampires and go around munching things while the hosts supported one flank and the skellies hid behind a wall?

Would be funny to see the look on the opponents face, but, unfortunately, easy to defeat. Not a single rank bonus in sight bud :(

Sarael
19-03-2008, 05:12
if your "wights with the screaming girl" are WRAITHS with a Banshee, then that unit is a lot of point sink. 5 is almost overkill in a single unit of Wraiths at 1500, though if you can get a flank charge on a unit with several ranks they'll chew their way out the other side after a turn or 2, assuming that big unit isn't fearless (because when wraiths outnumber they tend to autobreak, they usually win BIG against the right foes).

I'd honestly drop 3 or 4 wraiths and gear up your vamps, arcane items at least (Book of Arkhan is mandatory in ALL of my VC lists).

aurelia von paulus
19-03-2008, 23:12
Sarael speaks thruth and wise words, they are WRAITHS, and a screaming lil`phantasm ( like that from Hogwarts bathroom). Also, we wouldnt spent our precoius unlife speakin about cunning VC tactics ang gear, but no with this army/band/bunch of...

Sarael
20-03-2008, 12:57
Now that I have more time, I'll break it down a little better...

This army was gathered mainly by a lack of miniatures, but is very funny of play and better: the entire army fits in a pocket!

vampire counts 2008 ed. 1500 pts army

2 units of 10 skeletons

decent, if small, core units for 1500. Other than increasing their size by 5 each I like.

1 unit of 5 spirit host

5 is, in my opinion, necessary for host. I did the math on them, and against a WS3, T3 unit w/ ranks and std, they need 5 hosts in order to win a combat, on average.

1 unit of 10 wights w/ the screaming girl ( converted from night gobbos and skeletons)

Like I said before, I'd shrink this unit down to get some gear for the vamps. Book of Arkhan, Hand of Dust, Staff of... the magic missile one (no new book yet, old book is in car). As ethereals in a unit of ethereals, they don't need a lot, just some toys to fend off what little can theoretically hurt them and their unit.

General: Vampire hero, etherial (represented by a human model, )
Battlestandard: Vampire hero, etherial (represented by a blonde elf model)
Another dude: vampire hero, etherial (represented by a grudging dwarf)

Obviously this is not a competitive army list, just for fun

g0ddy
20-03-2008, 15:54
You cant buy the vampires magic items if they want to be etheral. They can have bloodlines.. thats it.

~g0dzilla

Sarael
21-03-2008, 04:50
Oh, I thought they just couldn't have magic armor and weapons. Like I said, I don't have the book.