PDA

View Full Version : Queen Khalida's Curse.

Makaber
19-03-2008, 00:42
If a unit kills Queen Khalida, they are affected by her curse on a roll of 4+. If several units kill her at once (most likely through combat resolution), each model or unit have a chance of being affected, rolling separately. If cursed, they have a small chance of taking an unsavable wound at the beginning of a turn.

This last scenario happened tonight, and also raised the following question. If a character is one of the units involved in the combat, how is he affected? Do you roll for only the unit he's in, and the unit takes the wounds? Or do you roll for the unit, and the character, and each of them have a chance of taking a wound each round, independently of one another?

In my eyes it's a tossup and it can be argued either way. I'm curious about how you'd interpret it.

GodHead
19-03-2008, 01:15
If he's in the unit, you roll once for the unit, and if the unit gets cursed he rolls the d6 to get hurt at the start of every turn, just like the unit.

Makaber
19-03-2008, 12:58
Okay, but what do you base that interpretation on?

slasher
19-03-2008, 13:38
Not knowing the exact wording for the curse i'd say that if the unit has 5+ models then the character cant be hurt (using the rules for distrabuting shooting wounds as a base). If the unit is less than 5 then randomise to see if he takes the wound. (still only rolling once for the unit.)

Spirit
19-03-2008, 16:02
Closest thing i can comment on is curse of years, the Faq on that was that if a character was in the unit, he was affected, but if he left the unit, he was no longer affected.

Ofcourse this might have been to do more with the fact thats its a remains in play spell. Not a special rule.

T10
19-03-2008, 16:16
I've given this some thought. The fact that Queen Khalida's curse is persistent makes things a lot more difficult.

Should you apply the curse to the unit only, or to both the character and the unit?
Should leaving the unit allow the character to escape the curse?
Should characters joining the unit suffer the effect of the curse?
Should a cursed character bestow the curse on another unit if he joins it?

It may perhaps be simplest to treat characters within units as separate targets with regards to the curse. This allows for the character to move from unit to unit and remain cursed, and other characters may join cursed units without suffering the effect.

-T10

Makaber
20-03-2008, 01:20
I'd be inclined to agree with T10, due to the fact that if the character lands the killing blow on Khalida, then the curse is only bestowed on the character, and not on any unit he might be in. So the Curse clearly makes a distinction between character and unit.

If she dies due to Combat Resolution, then the enemy character is a contributing factor, whether he's in a unit or not.

It might not have any specific rules backing, but neither does the other alternatives. And it's by far the least troublesome of the various interpretations, rules-wise. And, let's face it, her curse isn't really all that to write home about in the first place, so it's not like it's a huge deal either way.

Spirit
20-03-2008, 02:52
What exactly does it do?

Makaber
20-03-2008, 11:47
Roll a dice for each unit afflicted at the start of every Tomb King players turn, on a six the unit suffers a wound. Whoop-de-doo. I guess is can be nifty against a character with few wounds left or something, but it's a big step down from the semi-practical normal curse.