PDA

View Full Version : Mounts for a high elf general

bluey
19-03-2008, 06:53
Hello people of Warseer!

A friend of mine has just started high elves but cant decide what mount to use for his general. He asked me to give him help so i said "ill think about it" (translate as: ill rush home and post it on warseer and get pass thier knowledge on as my own...:evilgrin:)

anyway enough of that... what mount, taking into acount points , killyness etc, would be best for a HE prince out of:

barded steed
gryphon
star dragon
moon dragon
sun dragon

thanks for your help

Dtae787
19-03-2008, 08:13
If you want the BEST, Take a star dragon.

If you dont want to be a complete tool in friendly games go with a moon dragon or a barded steed.

Lucky24/7
19-03-2008, 10:01
start dragons are very strong, considering the amour of calador makes its mount immeun from all flasming attack (Ha your big cannon balls cant hurt me....there on FIRE!!!! .....tabel suitably gets fliped)

But a moon dragon is freindsly and never underesimate the power of a high elf lord in a unit of fast cav .... thast some nice killy power :D

InquisitorFenix
19-03-2008, 17:41
personally for points-wise, i like the gryphon as a mount. I find that their stats are more than enough for a monstrous mount, they still cause terror and can fly. Also the points you save by doing this rather than splurging on a dragon can be used to add more models to your HE list, something that they usually desperately need.

Crazy Harborc
19-03-2008, 20:17
After many years of wargaming, I have learned to have more than one mount choice to choose from. For myself, that means having models that are (usually) a monster mount and a rider. Then there's the foot version for times I want my general on foot and in a foot unit.....It's the one I use the most.

Ethlorien
19-03-2008, 21:29
Griffon. I've gone years with my general on Griffon and have never been dissapointed. I recently upgraded him to a star dragon rider, but haven't had enough games with it to say how good that's going for him.

I agree with Crazy Harborc - just do it all. I've got a HE hero on every type of mount, and foot, just to have for every possible choice, occassion, or whim I have. Don't forget Great Eagles!

Dtae787
20-03-2008, 02:14
Battle banner BSB noble on a great eagle. Charge a unit on the flank alone. Let the lulz begin.

Crazy Harborc
20-03-2008, 23:19
IMHO, sending a BSB away from the main units of the army is a waste of the main purpose of a BSB. No matter what my general/lord is mounted on, my BSB is in a unit in the middle of the army units. Eagles die WAY to easily, they do attract shooting.:D

Conquahex
21-03-2008, 01:15
yeah, eagles are too vulnerable. they work better for warmachine-hunting heroes (in the old army book, a great combo was reaver bow and lance on an eagle). for a general, i think either on foot or mounted would probably be my choice, because you want him close to your lines