PDA

View Full Version : Imperial armour 2 , all the rules?

-Grimgorironhide-
19-03-2008, 08:39
Hi all, In a few days or so time Im getting IA 2 at last since I play Crimson fist, but does it have the rules of how to use IA heavys like Thunderhawks in normal games or are those rules only in IA 1.
cheers

Spacker
19-03-2008, 08:41
It does include all the Super Heavy rules, and is almost entirely separate to Imperial Armour Volume 1

What it doesn't include is the rules for IG aircraft that can be taken by Inquisition armies (ie. Lightning, Vulture, Thunderbolt) - if you want to use those you will need to get Imperial Armour Volume 1 as well.

-Grimgorironhide-
19-03-2008, 08:55
Oh by the way are there rules on combindine IG with Marines because I really want to use a normal size 1500pt full imperial army .

Z-Axis
19-03-2008, 09:40
I don't have the book, but I doubt there would be a combined list. You could do multiple 750pt detachments, or you could use the Inquisition lists to attach units from the two different armies in one detachment.

Spacker
19-03-2008, 09:47
Oh by the way are there rules on combindine IG with Marines because I really want to use a normal size 1500pt full imperial army .

No, there are not. The only way you could mix Marines and IG is by getting opponents permission (either in a loose way, or using the Multiple Detachments rule in the rulebook), or by playing an Apocalypse game.

You could however use the Deathwatch rules to add a Killteam HQ to an IG army, or as Z-Axis points out use the DH or WH codexes to pull Stormtrooper squads into a Marine army, or add Grey Knights to an IG army. But there is no way, other than I've stated above, to mix Imperial Fists and IG.